1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

High Standard Supermatic question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stu42, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu42

stu42 TS Member

A few months ago there was some discussion on HS Supermatics. What is the distinction between one with the gold trigger and one with the silver trigger. The one with the gold trigger seems to have a little different barrel configuration on top a couple inches in front of the rear sight. I know there are some real authorities on these pistols on TS.Com. Thanks ahead of time. Stu
  2. Bob_K

Bob_K Active Member

The ones with gold triggers also had the sear adjustment, a screw in the back of the frame.
  3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

You have 3 different grades of supermatic's #1 tournament, #2 citation, and #3 trophy. Trophy is the highest grade, the differences are cosmetics like metal finish, and added features like trigger poundage adjustment.
  4. bobski

bobski Active Member

trophies had gold triggers. citations and tournaments didnt. the gold triggers were actualy a bust over time, because as the gold decayed, theyd gunk up the triggers travel and became very ugly as well.
    any grade of gun could just about have any bbl combo on them. it takes a skilled eye to know if there is a mismatch.
    click and read my blog and learn some basics if youd like. its long, but youll go away knowing what is right and wrong. hope it helps.
  5. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I have a Bull Barrel gun I purchased in !965 ... many rounds later it shoots and functions without a flaw ... I will never sell it and it will be passed to my son to enjoy and pass along ... great Target .22
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.