1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High Standard HD Military Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

I have an HD that when in the half cock safety position and trigger pulled the hammer drops. I think it is a sear problem. Would like to put an adjustable rear sight on it. Have looked for years and have been unable to find one that would work. Also if anyone has a spare mag that they would like to sell at a reasonable price. I would really like to set this up for my grandson but not until it is sorted out. Any help would be appreciated.

Buddy

2. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

up please

3. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Have a HD that works same as yours. Think it is just the nature
    of the beast.
    Mine in excellent condition.

Doyal

4. Funky

Funky TS Member

I think you can find a sight that will take care of you problen at
    KFS industries.com click Knight and then click pistol sights. Hopes this helps. Bill

5. paul7177

paul7177 Member

You probably can get a magazine from Brownell's.

6. gsshack

gsshack TS Member

Try the High Standard sub-forum on rimfirecentral.com - the folks on there have a lot of knowledge that they freely share.

Steve

7. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Thanks Steve, will give that a try. Everybody must be busy dealing with the cold. With all the smart people on here would have figured there would be lot's of replies.

This might just be about trap shooters but I have noticed over time there are some extremely smart, talented people on here. Speaks well for the shooting community. Shoot straight.

Buddy

8. Bentley998

Bentley998 Member

Mine works as described e.g - put at half cock, pull the trigger hammer falls- it's kind a soft "hammer fall" I wonder if it would be enough to fire the rouind- haven't tested

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

high standard hd-military hammer falls when trigger pulled on half-cock