1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High Standard HD Military ammo ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pfofml, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfofml

pfofml Member

Years ago (40) a gunsmith informed me not to shoot high velocity in the High Standard HD Military, but rather use standard velocity ammo. The reason for this is that the high velocity ammo could damage the reciever stop. It is very pssible that this gunsmith had experince with the reciever stop becoming broken off on this model.
    Has anyone encountered the same advice and or had problems with the reciever stop breaking off?

Thank you
    Peter Falk

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I would only use standard velocity ammo in it, I had one in the past and that is all I shot in it. They are very accurate pistols, mine liked CCI green tag IIRC.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's not the slide stop breaking off as it is the frame rail cracking on the right hand side, but this is more prone to happen with later pistols like the 101, 102, 103, 104, 106, 107, and victor. This crack can appear after 10's of thousands of cycles on the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hd military ammo

high standard hd military gunsmith tips

high standard military hd which to avoid

highstandardhdmilitaryammo

hyflux the ammo high standard military

shooting the high standard hd