1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High Standard Flight King Deluxe 12 gauge

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Merbeau, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Merbeau

Merbeau TS Member

Years ago I purchased a High Standard Flight King Deluxe model K1211 12 gauge (with a 28 inch ventilated rib/mid beed) shotgun to start shooting trap with. I shot the gun for one season (once a week shoots) until I went off to collge. Through the years the gun has just sat in the gun safe. I took it out recently puchased a pad to adjust the stock alignment and went to the range to have some fun.

After about 200 rounds the gun stopped firing. Most thought it was a bent trigger while others thought it needed a good cleaning. I went home found a video on Utube showing disassembly and gave it a good cleaning, reassembled the gun and it cycled just fine but would not fire.

I probably will take the gun to my local gunsmith.

My question is if it is a bent trigger is their a higher quality replacment that could be used for shooting.

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

sounds more like a broke firing pin.

Chuck

3. Merbeau

Merbeau TS Member

Went to the local gunsmith and indeed the trigger was bent. I purchased the shotgun used in 1970 so I am not sure if anyone played with the trigger mechanism or not. The gunsmith showed me a business card he found in the stock with another gunsmith's name and a date of 4/20/69 written on the back so it may have been worked on previously. Found a picture of a model very similar to mine and the trigger stands way from the back of the trigger guard whereas mine is almost inside the guard. Perhaps the gun had an issue and was the reason it was sold or traded to begin with. A new trigger has been ordered from Numrich and will have it installed upon arrival.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

HOW the heck did you bend a trigger??? you need to lay off the energy drinks : )

5. Merbeau

Merbeau TS Member

Lay off the energy drinks and stop pumping iron!! Actually it was apparent after seeing the replacement trigger someone had removed material from the middle of the trigger shoe area and either heated the trigger to bend it backwards or perhaps just bent backwards with a mechanical device, etc. I am assuming this was done to reduce the trigger pull? It will be interesting to see how the new one compares to the old.

6. Merbeau

Merbeau TS Member

Well the new trigger came in and installed it. Took the shotgun to the range and test fired it. No problems. Next day shot a round of trap and no problems. So the problem was the trigger.

Search tags for this page

flite king deluxe model k1211

flite king k 1211

hi standard 12 gauge pump firing pin

high standard flight king 12 gauge pump with vent rib
high standard flite king deluxe 12 ga

high standard flite king deluxe k1211

high standard flite king trap k1211
high standard model k1211