1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High Speed Photos

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by welderman, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welderman

welderman TS Member

You can see a short clip of our high speed photography at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PN79TEW5Ps
    welderman (Tom S.)

2. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PN79TEW5Ps&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PN79TEW5Ps&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. welderman

welderman TS Member

Thanks for your help. welderman (Tom S.)

4. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

WAY cool!

Thanks Welderman.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for posting this Tom.

6. welderman

welderman TS Member

The pattern wasn't really high. It was centered on the window the camera was looking through. It was a very windy day. The thrower was adjusted so the birds would hit the window, but the wind kept most of them below the window as you can see in the film. The end result is that the bird was low with respect to the shot pattern. welderman (Tom S)

7. BustClays

BustClays Member

So what you're saying is that the reason I don't go 25/25 each time is because the bird fails to intercept my shot pattern. Just think, all this time I thought it was my fault. In the future I will make certain to only shoot where the traps are properly set to insure a proper interception of bird and shot. Thanks for the perceptive information. BTW the movies were great too.

bustclays

8. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

BUSTIT...are you new to this game or what? To break the target two things must converge; the target and your shot. Both or either can be adjusted. It has always been so. Sounds like it just occurred to you.

Thanks, Tom. Was the window polycarb? (LEXAN)

9. welderman

welderman TS Member

BustClays, the gun was mounted in a lead-sled and always put the shot in exactly the same place. The thrower was adjusted so that the target would hit the 1/2" thick Lexan window most of the time. Wind was a major variable out of my control. The targets, that day, hit the backstop at about +/- 12 inches from their intended location. Distance was 30 yards from the gun. If anyone wants to see the original .wmv movie (clearer than the Youtube version and opens with windows media player) send me an email. welderman (Tom S.)

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Tom, share with us your theory about the length of the shot string, and how you came to that conclusion- Frank C.

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

to the top. Thanks for sharing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.