1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High-shooting Kolar Trap Max T/A

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted K., Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Tiburon, CA
    No I'm not trying to sell my Kolar, nor am I bragging about high scores.

I'm trying to find out if other owners of the same gun are having the same experience I am. I'm beginning to hear that my situation is not unique, and I'm interested to find out just how extensive it is.

My problem is that my unsingle barrel shoots VERY high. I have to shoot at least a foot under the bird to hit it, and a little lower than that to smoke it. I have adjusted the rib up as high as it will go (thus depressing the barrel as low as it will go), and I still have to shoot very low to hit the target.

The curious thing is that I don't have the same experience when I shoot the O/U barrels (I forgot to mention that the gun is a combo). The O/U barrels shoot normally - if I let the bird rest on the bead when I fire, I get perfect results. So it's not just me, or the stock, or the comb (which is adjusted to give me a little overlap of the beads) or whatever - it's the unsingle barrel.

I can shoot the unsingle this way (pointing the gun well below the bird) reasonably well, but If I drop my guard or lose my concentration and bring the gun up to the bird, I shoot over it.

Has anyone else had this experience trapshooting with their unsingle Kolar barrel?

Ted K.
  2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The barrels can be set up however you want them. I ordered mine from the factory to shoot 90/10 on the unsingle and 90/10 on the bottom barrel of the O/U and 60/40 on the top barrel of the O/U. That is where mine shoots.

I suggest you shoot all your barrels at 13 yards from a bench rest and see what you have. Call the factory and discuss your results with them and see what can be done to change the barrels to shoot what you want.

I understand that there are a couple of different ribs available, perhaps you have the higher shooting rib. Bill Malcolm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.