1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High shooting BT ????????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I had a conversation at the range this PM about the early BT's as far as which series shoot high. Could some of the Browning experts please explain. (A) How to identify which ones shoot high i.e serial # ID.(B) What makes them shoot high is it just the stock conf. or is there something else to it. Any help would be appreciated. Jim W

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In 1976 Browning came out with the then new BT-99 Competition with a higher rib and fatter forend. American Shotgunner magazine had a neat article on them and they were supposed to shoot 10 inches high at 40 yards. The high POI was due to the slope of the rib. Browning changed the ribs after about two years to a lower POI. I believe the serial numbers of the high shooters started with RS or RT but I could be wrong about that.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Thanks so I assume the wood is the same as far as stock dimensions?

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In 1976 when they introduced the new BT-99 Competition it had a monte-carlo stock sufficiently high for the new high rib. The previous BT-99s were known as the beavertail guns with a straight stock not monte-carlo and had the smaller forend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.