1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High School Trap - Omaha World Herald Article

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Nice article in the Omaha World-Herald (for which I used to be a paperboy a long, long time ago) about their high school trap shooting conference.

My cousin's boy is on the Creighton Prep team.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Except the part about "...some of the competitors use hunting rifles..."

3. psfive

psfive Member

I wish we could get this kind of coverage in Grand Island. We have three schools in town that have both Junior and Senior Divisions. All three of these schools and the other members of the conference were in the snow shooting that same day as these kidw were. I don't think our paper knows thay exist. Paul in (GI)Nebraska.

4. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Paul,

You just need to either do it yourself or get a parent or two to do it.

By that I mean write an article, take a few photo's and send it to your local media outlets. Look on their web sites for an email address, usually editor@abcnewspaper.com.

If that doesn't work call the paper/TV station etc. and ask them who you could submit them too. Build this relationship and you will be surprised how interested they (and others) will be.

Worked for us, lots of coverage now including several of our kids being selected as "Student Athlete of the Week" (just like the football, baseball, basketball, etc. kids) and even TV coverage.

Give it a try.

5. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

psfive

Being from Nebraska, I was thinking that the Omaha World Herald owned the GI paper? I know they own the Kearney Paper maybe a call to Omaha will net some results. I always hated that they never covered it either I just recently moved away from your area, but the youth I helped shot in Aurora.

Jeff

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As trapdady says, pull together an article with a photo or two and submit.

Did it in past years for a local club before it closed and for local shooters winning events when traveling.

Be prepared for a bit of editing. Depends on who is reviewing the article at the paper before they publish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

omaha public school trap shooting