1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High rib vs std rib opi ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Interested in opinion of the high rib vs standard rib for future shooting---Is the standard rib a thing of the past?---Do you see better scores with the high rib??---sjb---

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Many reasons for more high rib guns showing up. For one thing, it makes for a more heads up position, which for many people is more comfortable and less fatiguing over an extended shoot. Another benefit for many is that the high rib makes it easier to keep the target as the focus, and not blanked out by the barrel. Also, to have an adjustable rib requires the rib be fairly high to start with (or a low barrel, which effectively makes a high rib) However, some folks find it difficult, if not impossible to shoot a high rib gun, possibly because subconsciously they use the barrel as a point of reference. Thus these folk have a hard time pointing the shotgun with a high rib. So there will likely always be both styles on the range as each shooter finds which style works best for them.

Jim R

3. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Vern, that does not look good..I have two Titanium rods in my back held in by two big 1/4 screws. Funny thing is I am totally unaware of them.Thank God for good Docs..Still shooting my Precision Stocks... Regards,Lloyd Tuggle

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Vern---What is that they put in your neck?---George

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Vern---Looks like you are lucky to be able to shoot--take it easy and the scores will take care of it self---I give anyone credit for trying and not giving up---gL---sjb---

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I just wathed Kay Ohye--Debby and her husband shoot at the state shoot and all used a standard rib K-gun---watched Debby run 200 stright---They can shoot any gun Krieghoff has to offer---Guess they will change soon---sjb---

7. high 2

high 2 Member

I feel your pain Vern. Been there, done that. But I can still crawl the stock as always. I`m building myself a new stock now, and It will be a more heads up. The surgery fixed all my problems, and some I didn`t know I had. Larry

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Looks like standard rib is thing of the past---They say that due to slow economy guns will almost be give aways---Well I don't see any K-80s on any auction or TSs as give aways---Guess we will have to ride out the storm---
    Thanks to all for looking at my K-80 for sale---Guess she'll be a safe queen.

sjb---

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I tried to shoot an unsingle with a high rib, no mater how I tried I could not get rid of my canting the gun slightly. At 35-40 yd's a cant can really throw off your POI.
    Got rid of the unsingle and am now shooting a topsingle with a standard rib, for me,problem solved.

10. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Lloyd: Been missing Seeing U at shoots. Wondering how U
    doing. Hope to C U soon.

Doyal Duncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.