1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High Rib VS Standard UnSingle Rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RHAT, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I have a Kolar with standard unsingle rib,........ I just purchased a Max TA with a High rib,........... for some reason it seems to take me longer to aquire he target with the high rib than with the lower rib,........ both guns shoot the same..... 70/30....... this seems odd to me ..... all the reviews and adds i have read leads me to believe that the higher rib with a more head-up position would lead to aquiering the target quicker,???? Can someone help explain this to me,?????

Rich

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

it is just the opposite with me. I can get on a bird a lot faster with a high rib

3. donboy

donboy TS Member

Hi Rhat,just curious, are you a one or two eye shooter, how high over the house are you holding the gun and where do you look waiting for the target to appear?

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

donboy has a good point. In my case I hold a very high gun and shoot with both eyes open. The low rib ( for some unknown reason) causes me to track the bird and aim insyead of pointing. I do a much better and quicker job with the high rib because I point and shoot. ???

5. Twixter

Twixter Member

RHAT

IS YOUR TA AN UNSINGLE OR A TOP SINGLE BBL. IF TOP SINGLE YOU ARE COVERING MORE OF THE SIGHT PICTURE THAN WITH AN UNSINGLE. THUS IT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR THE BIRD TO APPEAR.

6. RHAT

RHAT Member

I am a two eyed shooter, I hold about 12" over the house, and look above the bead about 3 ft out into the distance,.......... Any advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated, also on post 1 and 5 the hard angles seem to get the jump on me,....... where should I be holding and looking on these type of targets,...........

7. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I am not a fancy high dollar shooter,but my advice is to hold right even with the front of t he trap house,on post 1 and 5 I hold about 10feet out from the corner to keep up with the hard angles,if you get the oppisite angle its pretty much a straightaway so shouldnt be hard to aquire those targets.works for me,,,,might not for you.and practice,practice,practice...GOOD SHOOTING!

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hold points for RH shooter: Station one, just inside corner 1 foot above house roof, Station 2, same place or move toward center 1 foot more, Station 3, just right of center of the house, but 1.5' above house. Station 4, half way between center and right outer edge of house, about 1.5 - 2' above house, Sation 5, on right hand corner of house 2' above house (not outside the house). Everyone's different. Experiment. On station one and five look for hard angles, and use soft focus for the rest. Good Luck

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Rich - Pay not attention to most advise. Read Phil Kiner's article on T & F this month. He understand what most shooters only think they do. You must first figure out where you want to see the target, etc. Sometimes with a higher rib you have the tendency to hold an even higher gun. But read Phil's comments and do some experimenting. - Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hi-rib unsingle or hi-rib top single which shoots better