1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

high rib or standard?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

What is the benefit of a high rib? Straighter posture? If you could choose would you take the high rib or standard?

Thanks
    Dave

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have a high rib TMX and a conventional rib MX3. The MX3 is more intuitive to point and I believe it is easier to crossfire with the TMX.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I was born and raised on the high ribs so that is all I know. I like the higher ribs because they allow a quicker view of the bird as soon as it comes out of the house. I also like the more heads up site down the rib and yes lets not forget that they look neater than sh!t. I would be opened to trying a regular k80 unsingle barrel if someone would like to send me one to try. Who knows I mite have to switch to the shorter rib.

4. arjay

arjay TS Member

For me it is about the matter of comfort when the cheek is on the stock. I like a high rib because I have a long neck and am uncomforable lowering my head to the stock too much. After a day of 300 rounds or so my neck can get sore when shooting with a low rib.

We are all sized differently in different areas of our body. That's what keeps stock-fitters in business!

Robert

5. Slugo

Slugo Member

I shoot both, but prefer the high-rib most of the time. I prefer floating the target at the end of my barrels...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.