1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

high rib or standard?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Feb 14, 2011
    What is the benefit of a high rib? Straighter posture? If you could choose would you take the high rib or standard?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have a high rib TMX and a conventional rib MX3. The MX3 is more intuitive to point and I believe it is easier to crossfire with the TMX.
  3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    I was born and raised on the high ribs so that is all I know. I like the higher ribs because they allow a quicker view of the bird as soon as it comes out of the house. I also like the more heads up site down the rib and yes lets not forget that they look neater than sh!t. I would be opened to trying a regular k80 unsingle barrel if someone would like to send me one to try. Who knows I mite have to switch to the shorter rib.
  4. arjay

arjay TS Member

May 2, 2010
    For me it is about the matter of comfort when the cheek is on the stock. I like a high rib because I have a long neck and am uncomforable lowering my head to the stock too much. After a day of 300 rounds or so my neck can get sore when shooting with a low rib.

We are all sized differently in different areas of our body. That's what keeps stock-fitters in business!

5. Slugo

Slugo Member

Feb 23, 2011
    I shoot both, but prefer the high-rib most of the time. I prefer floating the target at the end of my barrels...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.