1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High fuel prices, Palin has the answer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HMIA8i_kDbQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HMIA8i_kDbQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

as we trash the hunting areas in alaska,next we will drill on the shooting club properties, who cares about alaska, i will never go there anyway,is what most think,just give me oil i can sell. by thursday afternoon i hope your ready for 5.00 a gallon

bill

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

She has common sense. The libbies won't understand a word she says, just like the fool above my post.

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I guess that using Mr. nipper's belief that "we trash the hunting areas in alaska", since the Democrat call to drill on the existing leases then it must be ok to trash those sites?

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

if they did send more this way and the price didnt drop-which it wont--that will give old stoggies here something else to moan about.later all i am headed to a bbq and dove hunt.

bill

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Hey assflinch- ever stop to think that the more oil that there is in the marketplace, the cheaper it will be? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You liberals that call yourselves shooters on this site, are showing your true colors when you even go against this fine lady!!!!!!!!!

Find your way to moveon.org- your friends are waiting for you over there.

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

you are probably one of the same people who think politicans cause hurricanes

bill

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Talking to yourself again I see. Show me where I ever said that there was a shortage.

Explain to us how you know how much oil is available in Alaska and offshore.

I have friends working both on the northern and western slopes. I also know people in the rig building business. They are going gangbusters. I wonder why that is?

Neither of you, if you are even two different people, know jack sh*t about the oil business. You also know nothing about oil reserves.

Oil profits? The last time I looked, it was called capatilism. Take a look at what the American oil companies pay their skilled labor. I would say that you are jealous as hell, sammie.

Get a real job and the price of gas won't bother you as much. You could also get a more economical vehicle than that silverado with the v8 you drive. You freaking hypocrite.

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Subject: A Retired Army man speaks his mind
    Email:
    Date: Sat, Jun 16, 2007 - 03:47 PM CT
    Website Address:
    Just wonder what this has to do with trapshooting? I thought this was a thread devoted to the game of trap, not a forum for political discussion. If you want to troll in the political arena, find a different forum.

Another hypocrite. Note the date and the poster.

10. Joe Potosky

The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

The “pristine” wilderness —

Described by those who have actually been there as a mosquito infested bog

ANWR contains about 11 billion barrels of oil. At peak production, ANWR could produce 1 million barrels a day — that would replace 7.7% of the 13 million barrels that we import each day. At $135 per barrel, ANWR could save us $49.275 billion each year that we are currently shipping over seas to the Saudis and Hugo Chavez.

ANWR is not the sole solution to our oil problem — but it can be a significant part of it. Tapping our domestic oil reserves in ANWR, off-shore, in oil shale and tar sands, will reduce the price of oil and significantly reduce, if not eliminate, our reliance on foreign despots.

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Joe,

Unfortunately you might just as well of put as much energy going into the woods and stating your post above to a stump. They will not admit that they are wrong. EVER.

12. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"The myth that we can drill our way out of dependence on foreign oil is perpetuated by the interests that stand to get rich by despoiling ANWAR and our coasts, and their paid lackeys (John McCain, Chuck Norris and others.)"

That is an inaccurate statement. McCain is for 'all of the above', meaning many many other ways as well, solar, nuclear, wind power generation, etc, to become foreign oil independent.

The lackeys,,and those that defend them, believe the answer is a tire pressure gage.

13. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

The more oil we pump the less OPEC will pump. The price will stay the same. They will make sure there isn't too much oil on the market. They don't care, they make their money either way.

14. Joe Potosky

No one said it will be oil all by itself, and what of the natural gas in Alaska and the rest of the states and offshore regions?

Does it just sit there waiting for the ten year Obama solution?

I'm sure I will be correct if I'm wrong, but name another county in the world that is not allowing new drilling?

Kind of like shooting ourselfs in the foot.

Norway has more rigs off shore than you can count...

Just last week Canada announced a new area in the waters off the Northeast that will be drilled. A several billion dollar operation.

You can drill off shore in Canada, but a few miles down the road you can't drill off the coast of Maine?

Cuba is getting ready to sign a deal to drill off shore. Can't get much closer to Florida than that. Who would you want to drill off the shores of Florida, Americans or whomever the Cubans hire?

We as a country have effectively stopped building coal fired plants, while China and India are taking turns putting two or three in operation each month.

Matter of fact we are exporting coal....

Nuclear power... France powers most of the country using same.

We have not built one in how many years?

How many wind mills does it take to replace one nuclear power plant?

The left is for windmills and solar energy, but when the power compaines try to build the transmission lines required to move the power, they are blocked.

I just read an article on Wind Mills in downstate New York. At times they have to be turned off because the power grid cannot handle the power being generated and they are not allowed to build new transmission lines. A catch 22.

15. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Nip....I just got back from a bowhunting trip in the "trashed hunting areas of Alaska"....it is full of caribou that move about the pipeline with NO problems....some lower 48 CRETINS who have never set foot in ANWAR pontificate about the place with NO IDEA of what they are talking about....

You see Nip....Palin lives in Alaska all year round....She knows what the place is like....you are catastrophizing....you need anti-depressants.....you don't know what you are talking about!

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

2str8...

As captain of the Anus phalanx in the battle of Brokebackticus Mountain you are intimately familiar with the term: DRILL NOW! Responsible DRILLING will help in the transition to other fuels....maybe, the left wing will eventually embrace nuclear energy...as your french brethren already have....

Or, maybe we can use unusued hair spray aerosol bottles from John Edwards to power Pelosi's windmills?

17. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Hey 2str8, why don't you lead us by ceasing your use of fossil fuels. I'll bet you don't last 10 minutes you damn fool. Anybody with a brain larger than that of a mouse knows we'll be dependent upon fossil fuels for many more decades. Oh yea, we'll never run out either.

18. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I just don't get this argument that Less than 3% of the known oil reserves in the world are in the U.S. and we use about 25% of the oil that's used. If we keep up with the fact that if we do not at some time start adding to the output of world consumption then the cost will only rise.

Yes, it will behove us all to come up with alternative fuels but we will always need oil up to the time that there is a better way to power our cars, trucks, planes and power grid.

This argument is like the fire that is at a jurisdictional boundry and the fire house across from the fire won't fight it till it cross into their jurisdiction. So they wait for the fireman from cross town to arrive in hopes that they will put it out.

Scott

19. Joe Potosky

An interesting read on Sun Spots and the outlook for earths climate.

http://www.dailytech.com/Sun+Makes+History+First+Spotless+Month+in+a+Century/article12823.htm

Drilling for oil or building nuclear and oil powered plants will become a top priority, especially for those who live in the Northeast...

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

2str8 drives a Chevy Silverado, 4x4, with a 4.8l V8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.