1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High definition eye glass lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sasquach, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasquach

sasquach Member

Has any one had any experience with the high defination lenses?

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I recently took delivery of both the HD and HD Lite from Morgan Optical for the Randolph Ranger system. Had the chance to use them both as recently as this past Sunday, when conditions required swapping in both due to changing light conditions...

Priced as a standard lens option, I found them to be a great addition for my lens GO-2 inventory...

Jay

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

HyDef specs are great for driving but not worth a damn for shooting ... I could of bought 3 pairs of lenses from Decot for what I paid for one pair of these ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Depends on your eyes...I got a sample of each color from Wayne Morgan (you can,too) to try under a variety of conditions and didn't find them to be any better than the V-Lite color he made for me.

Keller

5. sasquach

sasquach Member

What I am asking about are the new lenses that are made by Zeiss, and other companies I believe, where they measure your eyes similar to lasik surgery and make the lenses to match your particular eyes.

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

My wife got the HD lenses a year ago and loves them. I don't think there would be any benefit to them for shooting. The advantage is when she is not looking straight ahead through the lenses her vision is not distorted. If you hold your head still and move your eyes to look around the room through your glasses you see distortion. With the HD's she doesn't. Also very expensive, but worth it for everyday use.

7. sasquach

sasquach Member

Shotshell, Do you know what brand she got? It seems there are several to choose from. Some the optomitrist has to have special propriatory equipment to do the exam.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is high defination on eye glasses