1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High Def Lenses? Anyone tried these?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Just read the wrap up for the Great Lakes Grand in Trap and Field and Tank Lunsford mentioned something about his new high def lenses and how they have helped his shooting. Does anyone know which company makes them? Decot? Ranger?

Also curious if anyone has seen improvement with their scores shooting these lenses.

Thanks in advance.

Matt Ski

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I can't speak for Tank, but I am currently wearing Pilla Performance Eyewear. The Pilla company is formerly HiDefSpex. Most comfortable glasses I have ever worn! I was wearing Ranger frames with a Hi-Definition color by Lehman, which was also good. I find the clarity and comfort with the Pilla very good. Also, Post 4 makes Hi-Definition colors.

Matt Woodson

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have both high definition in standard lenses and in polarized. I really like the standard lenses for shooting. Not only do they do that "blue blocker" thing, they really cut through fog and that late july and august summer haze.

The polarized are a different story. I've not found one lighting condition where they've helped. In fact, with puffy clouds, they help the targets hide. They are, however, great sunglasses and I use them for driving. They help while driving in the rain as well.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Great for driving and the pool. Got to use them for something after wasting that much money....

If you are interested in a pair, there are always a zillion people trying to sell them here and other boards.

5. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

DOWN UNDER HUNTER TS Member

I just brought a set of the Panther post with 4 lenses. Its early days but they do impress me. Just got to get a handle on using which lense in which lighting condition. I think they have a great way to swap lenses quickly too. They are pricy but if you look around they come up secondhand. I saved about 300 off a new set.

Cheers

DUH

6. JTEA

JTEA Member

Randolph has the CMT lenses, not sure if you're referring to the brand Hi-Def or the type such as CMT.

I bought some CMT's a year ago on a bright sunny day. Promptly put them away, though they might make good driving glasses. I recently tried them again at one club and found them quite comfortable. It was a bright day, lower humidity looking into the sun on the top of a ridge with targets going from distant backgrounds to blue sky. Similar day with green tree background didn't work well enough. I may now use them 4x / year; but I will try them for handgun target shooting. They may work well on sunny days.

JT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.