1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

High All Around Classification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BlzMTU88, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlzMTU88

BlzMTU88 TS Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how the High All Around classes were determined? Thanks

BlzMTU88

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Usually your HAA class is determined by your singles/16s level of skill. This is one instance where sandbagging is a disadvantage. Who wants to show off a belt buckle that reads "Class F High All Around Champion"?

3. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

It's by whatever class you begin the HAA in, which is usually 16s, but I'm wondering, at the PA state shoot was it your 16s class or doubles class? The Doubles Championship was the first championship event in PA.

4. Darla

Darla Member

HAA is determined by your class in the Singles Championship. HOA by your class in the 1st singles event included in the HOA. Darla

5. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

So if you are in A class in singles, and D in doubles, you are in Class A for HOA? That doesnt seem fair. It seems like HOA is for the better shooters and leaves every one else out.

6. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Yes Kevin, that's kind of the way it works.

Fair??? Maybe not, but what would be? HAA and HOA for AA/AA; AA/A; AA/B etc, where first letter is 16 class and second is DBLs class? While were at it, let's add class divisions for all the category HAA and HOA as well. By the time we're done, everyone gets a trophy and goes home happy.

Seriously though, typically the classificatons are fairly consistent and you don't see the extremes you've given in your example. They can and do happen, but I would guess they are not the norm.

7. shark1

shark1 Member

It actually is fair, because you must become good in doubles. I have not won an HAA or HOA, but must admit it is fair. Look at my doubles average because it is low means "work harder". I must say I also need a dvd on doubles. It is a trophy for the big dogs.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.