1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hiding defense weapons

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bucrub, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucrub

bucrub TS Member

ok folks, this has probably been asked before and if so, please bear with me.
    with this country going rapidly down the tubes, i would like to hear what people have done to hide and secure defensive objects from being found, yet readily available if needed quickly. we all saw what happened in new orleans during the katrina crisis and i'm looking to not have that happen to me or my family when we get further into the collapse of this great country. thanks and God bless! Don

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

If I hid them, then told someone, Would they still be hid

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Pull the carpet up in the corner of your bedroom, cut out a rectangle and build a storage area in between the floor joist, put the carpet back and slide a big chest of drawers over it.. or in the area where your duct work is for the return on your central system.. build a storage area back in there..

4. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

If you have to hide them, it's alreadt too late!!

5. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

and don't tell anyone... to include as a general rule, your children... Always exceptions, but they are few!

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Don, If things got that bad, what good would a hidden gun do you? You have to decide what your going to do if it came down to outright confiscation of firearms. I already made my decision what to do.

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I don't remember where I read this, but someone had a very good idea as to where to secure a gun. This person said to place the gun above the closet door in the bedroom. (This would be inside the closet and above the door). Now, this wouldn't work for a walk in closet. However, in a regular closet; the idea had merit. Think about it, if a person opened the closet door; how many would go into this closet and look above the door? The only person who would immediately locate this gun would be the person who placed it there! Not a fool proof placement, but surely makes the gun easier to obtain if needed in a hurry. Also, it would be out of the reach of small children. JMHO. Ed

8. porky

porky TS Member

Some people build a gun cabinet say, in the back of the closet, then put 3/8ths thick sheetrock over it and paint it. It isn't too hard to break through the sheetrock and grab something.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Just be sure you hide in a place where you can't get to it quickly in case you need it.

Pat Ireland

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Don't forget to leave room for the RPG's to shoot at the black helicopters over your house.

Eric

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Heck, I've hidden 3 guns already and I don't have a clue to where they are.

It's heck to get old.....

But, it does beat the alternative.

Hauxfan!

12. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Defensive weapons should be out-of-sight, not hidden. They should be available instantly. You should have several available. The idea is to be ready for the unexpected.

Jim Skeel

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I think he means to hide them from the gubment not the crooks who do house invasions..

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My 105 Recoiless Rifle is disguised as a child's swingset.

Curt

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Pull one of the a/c registers up and slide a pistol in there. Be sure that it has been lubricated well to prevent rust. check occasionally. Above inside doors of closets is good. I have one is a check book box in drawer next to my computer. If you have a hat rack on wall next to the door stick a pistol on the rack and then hang a hat over it. I have them in corners too but that's because the safe's are full. I will have another safe next week though so that won't be a future problem. Just think about it. Jackie B.

16. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I use one of these bolted to the headboard above my bed. My or my wife's fingerprint is the only thing that will open the box ... contains a stainless .357 with frangible bullets and a Crimson trace sight ... point and shoot.

Sell them on the website for $249. Also great for motorhomes and boats.

Bob Schultz Sorry about the picture not showing up ... I'll get one tomorrow at the office and post it. Look under accessories on my website also. Thanks

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I hide a .45 on my right hip everyday, Most of the others are in the safe. Have a few in the truck, car, rv.

18. bucrub

bucrub TS Member

thanks to those that presented adult idea's for hiding weapons. to those that handled the inquiry otherwise, take a pill. perhaps i should have made myself clearer by stating that i'm looking for a way to keep weapons away from the confines of my home that could be available if required to fend off the thugs and other unwanted individuals that will start showing up after everything else has been conficated through some legal gov't wrangling of our constitutional rights. thanks to blkcloud, toolmaker,esoxhunter,skeelijc(out of sight=hidden) and shannon's on the hip. all good idea's appreciated. Don

19. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I live in the country.. if "THEY" want to take "all" of my guns they will have to bring a backhoe...lol

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There is an old saying. If one wants to hide something, hide it in plain site. No one looks for the obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.