1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hidefspex

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BTC, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTC

BTC TS Member

Anyone own a pair of these shooting glases? Wondering if they are as good as they say they are. Pretty pricey.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd like to try a pair. I've heard rumors that they are optically imperfect, causing distortion. Seems the people using them now got them for free or at a big discount, i haven't come across anyone yet that has paid full boat for them and kept them.

3. BTC

BTC TS Member

Ya I would like to try before buy but, no dealers in idaho. Closest dealer is in oregon. I was hoping to get some so I could turn into George Digweed. (But skinnier)

4. Joe Graninger

Joe Graninger TS Member

I have a Pair of Sebrings that I Bought at the US OPen(Sporting Clays). I Have to say they are The best Glasses I Have ever Bought and I have Bought them all. I will let you know that Not all the lens work for me (15, 25).I see the target better than I ever have seen it so I look at the Target instead of the Gun.

Joe

5. BTC

BTC TS Member

I'm looking at the panthers, do they have the same lenses?

6. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I have a pair of the 45% light transmission lenses for my Rangers. They seem to work fairly well for me under a variety of conditions. I've had some long talks with both the owner and the optician at HighDef. According to them, no one, including Digwg, gets their glasses for free, or even discounted. In addition, they claim to have made significant improvement in their lense technolgy since I bought my pair of lenses. I did try a pair of their65% light transmission lenses at the Pacific Grand this summer, and the targets stood out much better than any other color lenes I had. And that's saying something since I have every color Ranger makes, plus the HiDef 45%, and several colors from Post 4, as well as 5 colors for my NXY frames. Howerver, paying over $500 for their system is pretty dam pricey. Bob K

7. BTC

BTC TS Member

thats no lie Bob. I think a good pair of glases are a necessity, but thats a lot of coin. The Rangers you are talking about can be fitted with hidef lenses?

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Hidefspex are better as driving glasses than they are for shooting glasses ... I have a pair of the lenses for my Decot frames and they are not worth any where near what they charge for them ... Save your money and buy something that is good for shooting and get some cheap driving glasses ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. skeet_man

flybyknight- I'd have to say the statement that no one gets them for a discount is less than true, I heard it first hand from another skeet shooter that the only reason he uses them is because he got them at a discount. Now whether the discount came from his dealer, or the factory, I don't know. I'd still like to try the panthers so I could form a 1st hand opinion of them, but @ a full price of $500, they'd be out of my price range, my ranger xl's for $150 have done good by me so far.

10. BTC

BTC TS Member

If anyone has a pair of Panthers that they want to get rid of e-mail me. I'll try them out. I want the adjustable nose though.

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Agree that they are good for driving, at the pool, etc but no added value for shooting. Great marketing job.

12. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

These glasses are pricey. However, there is no better lense made. I have tried them all. The newest generation lenses are far and away better than any shooting, driving, scientific or any other lense period. The price should come down when and/or if the dollar gains some ground.
    Some retailers (not any of the ones I know) may discount to get them out there.

13. skeet_man

I'm curious, what actually makes the lens better than any other. If its the tint, that can easily be replicated by any of the dealers that make custom lenses such as lehman.

14. BTC

BTC TS Member

found some panthers today for $350. we will se just how good they are.

15. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

The company was smart and hired George Digweed to wear the panthers. All the wannabees think they will shoot like George if they buy them. More money than brains.

George could beat just about anyone shooting from the hip or looking thru coke bottles. The idea is a crock.

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I had a pair of the Hydefspex lenses for my Decot frames. I recently went to a Ranger sporter with prescription. The new CMT lens from Ranger is far superior IMO for highlighting the orange birds & muting the green background than the Hidefspex lens.......for a whole lot less $$$$.

17. JDS

JDS TS Member

My opinion only, I have a pair and I really wished I had my $450.00 than the glass's.

18. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

I bought a pair to fit my Ranger frames, and am sorry that I spent the money. Harry

19. birdbreaker

birdbreaker TS Member

Chris:

Thank you... for pointing out the thread...

We, however, do not participate in defending our products in chat rooms as for the most part no-one has any factual information. The fact is you can take a $20,000 Perazzi or a $500 No-Name Gun and the both perform the same if you can not see...

The Fact is not all lenses are created equal. We do in fact manufacture our frames and lens technology in Italy.

Truth - You get what you pay for... Yes our products are more expensive than most but for very good reason. We make no excuse for our pricing and certainly make no compromise in our materials or technology.

Our Position...
    Our Lenses are far superior to any on the market... We use the same materials in both our New Ballistx Prescription Lenses and Plano lenses. If you actually examine our pricing verses our competitors on prescription... We are very competitive yet offer more performance. Where we greatly differ is on our approach to maximizing optical performance. We are not a tinting company selling 20 different lens colors...we have a technology that enhances Orange Targets exceptionally. What we do is manage the proper amount of light into the eye to achieve perfect depth of field and focus on Clay Targets or live game.

1. We use Ballistx - our proprietary bullet-proof lens material. It's impact capability is far superior to Polycarbonate which is pervasively use by the shooting industry... in fact some do not even use Polycarbonate... As a matter of technical evolution - Polycarbonate is a material that is 50 years old. Our Ballistx Diamond Vision Lenses benefit from new technologies that offer superior performance.
    >From our point of view... ones eyes are assets that should not be given any less protection then the very best available. I am sure all would agree on that...
    So with that in mind the discussion should be over with respect to why Spex are used in our Sport of Shooting.

However, lens integrity is only one aspect of evaluation of Shooting Spex of Choice... Though it should be at the top of any shooters list. Protection is first. Ballistx Diamond Vision is the very best in impact performance. If you would like to see for yourself... visit our web site and see our bullet demos. www.hidefspex.com

Other criteria:
    A. Lens Optics
    B. Lens Technology
    C. Frame Design

2. Optics - Our lenses are significantly clearer than Polycarbonate. Why is this....
    HIDEFSPEX BALLISTX DIAMOND VISION LENSES VS. POLYCARBONATE
    1. HDS Diamond Vision Lenses are made of a bullet-proof lens material that has an impact resistance which is superior to Polycarbonate. HDS Diamond Vision Lenses absorb energy without permanent deformation and maintain good visual acuity when impacted with a mass. Take your polycarbonate lenses and bend them in half and see what happens to them... Then take a Panther Lens and fold it in half and see what happens... absolutely nothing... the lens will spring back and be perfect. I recommend only demonstrating this on the Panther Post Lenses as the Saddle bridge on a Panther with the bridge attached to the lens will possibly be effected in the bending of the lens.
    HDS Diamond Vision Lenses pass the following standards: ANSI Z87.1, ANSI Z80.3, AS1067-2003, EN1836-2005. With respect to ANSI Z87.1, HDS Diamond Vision exceeds the High Velocity impact test and the High Mass Test.
    2. HDS Diamond Vision Lenses are 10% lighter than Polycarbonate, resulting in superior all day comfort.
    3. HDS Diamond Vision Lenses are not sensitive to Stress Cracking. Polycarbonate, however, will crack under local pressure. Our Diamond Vision Lenses are guaranteed for life from breakage.
    4. Polycarbonate lenses are made by melting the polycarbonate material to a very high temperature and injecting it into a mold under extreme pressure. In less than 2 seconds, the lens is hardened by quickly cooling the material which creates stress on the molecular structure of the lens. The process creates pockets of non-homogenious material (different local densities)resutling in DISTORTION in polycarboante lenses.
    On the other hand, HDS Diamond Vision Lenses take 20 hours to cure. The lens material starts as a liquid and is poured into a glass mold under very low pressure. ( A casting process not a high pressure molding process) The creation of the bullet-proof lens material results from a chemical reaction in the mold over a long period of time resulting in extremely good homogeneity (uniform local densities). The net result is a perfect lens with absolutely zero distortion.
    5. HDS Diamond Vision lenses have very good chemical resistance, while Polycarbonate is sensitive to solvents like acetone, alcohol and gasoline which compromise its mechanical resistance. HDS Diamond Vision lenses are NOT sensitive to these solvents.
    6. HDS Diamond Vision Lenses are optically superior to Polycarbonate. Polycarbonate has a higher refractive index which means minor mold surface defects are amplified. Additionally, Polycarbonate has a low Abbe index which means light deviates like a prism reducing the sharpness of images.
    7. HDS Diamond Vision lenses have superior anti-scratch properties. The lenses feature a Quarz scratch-resistant coating which does not attract dust.

Frame Design....

The Panther is the best shooting frame because we designed it for George Digweed with George Digweed... over a 2 year period. The design study was to create a frame for our superior optics where the individual would not feel like they were even wearing Shooting Glasses... The "Window" of vision is unobstructed. No Nose bridge and no Brow Bar in the sight picture. The Panther with the adjustable bridge is a perfect solution for Trap Shooters as the "Window" is the same.

I hope this helps as we can certainly can use more time to explain why we are passionate about Shooting Sports and our products.

We hope that you see our Science is real as we apply it to Shooting Sports. We are very appreciative of our customers support and those who clearly see the difference. We also recognize we are not for everyone. Every shooter has the right to choose the glasses they wear.

As it relates to our Sponsored Shooters... They wear HiDefSpex because we work better than any other for them. At the top of the game... a shooter can wear any companies glasses. No one at the top of the game is going to use equipment that compromises performance. That is a fact. With respect to George Digweed... He is now the Global Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing for HiDefSpex. He personally will tell you that our optics have improved his shooting. In 2006, when he began the first full year wearing the new Panther system... he went on to have one of the best years of his career. He will 100% attribute his success to the Spex. He will tell you it has transformed his shooting. He is part of HiDefSpex because he believes and recognizes the performance enhancement. He will also tell you we are an unfair advantage. This quoate was actually caught on TV back when we first started working together with George 8 years ago.

In Sporting Clays, the top 3 guys in the world wear HiDefSpex. Richard Faulds and Ben Hustwaite. In addition, many other world champions and shooters of great talent like John Bidwell, Jamie Brightman, Paulo Cleto etc...The list is quite long... and all are not even recognized as members of Team HiDefSpex.

One other little gem... Cheryl Hall, a brittish shooter... ask her what has provided her with the best year of her shooting career. She has just won the HOA of the Home International... Taking all the men by storm. She will tell you hands down that it is because she see better.

We only mention these few examples as validation of our lens technology.

Once again, we appreciate the opportunity to share our Spex Technology with you. Whether you are a customer or not.

Best in your shooting...

Regards,

HiDefSpex

On Oct 13, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Chris J Morris wrote:

This message was sent from:
    http://www.hidefspex.com/contact.html

------------------------- CUSTOMER INFO

Chris J Morris
    chrisjmorris@communitynet.org

------------------------- COMMENTS

Check out this discussion thread at Trapshooters.com

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=136467&messages=18

20. skeet_man

Do you currently have any dealers in western NY that I could try the panthers out at? What kind of satisfaction guarantee do you offer if one was to buy your glasses and end up not liking them shortly after their purchase? I'm not afraid of spending money on a quality product, but am afraid of wasting money on a product that I don't like or won't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.