1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HiDefSpex

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Are these worth the big bucks? Anyone shoot any better since buying them? What makes them so valuable?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Though the material itself cost about $5, the advertising and promtion costs
    are a couple hundred dollars for each pair of glasses.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Not to me. I gave them 3 tries with 3 different frame setups and ended up getting rid of them at a loss. Customer service from New York office sucked, warranty was meaningless (If you dare to sweat while wearing the glasses they will not replace the frames when the spring temple fails ). I do like the fact that the color is in the lens not a tint on the lens.

--- Chip King ---

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I tried a pair a friend owns and they are nice to look thru. Might be the best as far as optics are concerned but not THAT MUCH better. I believe that they started out on the right path but....some deep pockets bought the company and have ruined it for the most part. I wouldnt buy them myself.

Mark

p.s. After spending my retirement money on every brand (except Pilla) ended up settling on Oakley Radars with G30 and Persimmon lenses. My second fave are Ranger XLW's

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I just get my self to pay the cost for the HiDefSpex. Ranger. Decot are for me
    My wife just got pair of L&M glasses and like them a lot.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a set of the original HiDefSpecs lenses that they made to fit my Decot frames ... The lenses are not worth all the hype and money ($120.00 lenses only) they get (got) and are pretty much useless for shooting, but make great driving glasse's, so do the driving glasse's I got at Walgreens for $19.95 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Interesting. This thread has been going for three days now and I haven't seen one positive comment about Hidefspex or Pilla glasses. If they are so bad, then how can they continue to sell these as such high prices?

Hasn't anyone had a good experience with these glasses?

8. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I have tried several styles and colors. I don't think the high def orange do much. I do like the blades which are very similar to oakley's and the puma post.
    I like putting a extra set on my hat so when the lighting changes I can change the glasses rather than messing with the lenes.
    I will say I haven't bought any new. Are they worth the retail price? Depends on how much money you have.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

One of the winter visitors had a pair (set) of HighDefSpecs for sale, he was asking $150 and to the best of my knowledge he never sold them because he kept telling everyone who looked at them his opinion of them ... Got to love an honest man ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I have had Dy Def for about 3 year and they are prescription. They are a great glass and are excellent in my book. Had no problem with customer service. like Had Decot prior and they were fine but did not like paying precription for each different color lens.

11. loanman

loanman Active Member

here is a positive comment for you, I have been shooting the max orange lenses for over 3 years in sporting clays and I have tried decots, ranger, oakley and without a doubt you see details of targets with the HiDefs that you do not see with other brands. I think they are worth every penny I paid for them

I think the main problem is people cannot get past the price

12. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I think the way people see targets can vary widely depending on issues like color deficiencies. Hidefspex were no benefit to me and the typical purchaser who sees no benefit ends up selling theirs for 40% of what they paid. I wear mine to the pool, the beach and sometimes driving with the top down in my Corvette.

13. autogun

autogun Member

My experience is the same as loanman's.

14. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I use them and really like them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.