1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hidefspex vs ranger XL?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a comparison b/w the hidefspex panter and ranger xl frames?

I really like my xl's, but have a problem w/ seeing b/w the lenses (i shoot LH, and when i'm shooting say a low 5 or low 6 @ skeet, my left/shooting eye is looking through the space b/w my nose and the lenses before I call for the target, and not through the lens, it doesn't seem to affect my shooting any, but I know it isn't making anything easier). I think the full lens design of the spex will help me with this.

I pretty much only use 3 ranger colors, brown, vermilion, and clear. The spex color seems to be a combo of brown and vermilion, so the only thing i'd have to do would be to get a set of clear lenses for under the lights.

I'm only interested in the adjustable nosepiece version, does the nosepiece interfere w/ your vision @ all?

Did I read somewhere that the lenses are warrantied agst scratches, if you scratch them, you send them back with a fee (less than new lenses would cost @ retail), and you get a new set of lenses, is this correct?

I highly doubt i'm going to pay full boat price of close to $600 for spex, but i've seen a couple preowned setups for sale for around $300, and i'd be willing to spend that much and just resell them if need be, or sell my rangers, whichever i liked the least. I'm not expecting any miracles from the spex's like i've seen claimed about them, i'd be happy if they are as effective as my rangers w/ out the gap b/w lenses.

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hidefspex - Hands down. THe HDS are clearer and have 25% more open area than the Rangers and Decots. I noticed that right away. Go for it. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.