1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HiDefSpex Shooting Glasses ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kraiza, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I can't believe that so many HiDefSpex Shooting Glasses are for sale used.
    I though they were the best thing since slice bread. I guess not.
    I'll stay with my Decot and RE Ranger glass's.

2. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I got to try a pair of HiDef Max Orange glasses this weekend and would say that the only thing better about the other two brands of glasses is the price. I own Rangers and I like them, but the HiDefs are more comfortable and alot nicer to look through. I have looked through several pairs of Decots at the range and like my Rangers better than the Decots. I would be willing to bet that if the Pilla Sports HiDef Spexs were priced a little closer to the price of Decots and Rangers that you would hardly be able to sell either of the latter. Neil

3. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I used Decot's for 40 years and the rangers for 2 days and bought a pair of Sebrings and have never looked back. I don't have the orange but the original colors and love them.

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

A shooting partner of mine uses Hi-Defs (now known as pillasport.com). He has two sets of frames and let me shoot a round with his extra pair. They really are the best glasses I have used. The problem.... they are just too damn expensive.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've been wanting to try a pair but I'm not willing to drop $500 on them to find out I don't like them.

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Apparently people have time to buy them but don't have time to sell them. Go figure.

7. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just because you are seeing some threads for HiDefspex for sale doesn't mean they aren't good glasses. Yes they are expensive but so are P&K guns and we see them for sale all the time.

Try them out and if you like them, great. If not, thats OK too but don't make a blanket statement about something you probably have not tried.

Eric

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

I had 2 sets one the Panthers and the other was the Pumas with the Max-orange lenses. I really liked the performance of the lenses. My big issues were with the frames on the Panthers corroding in the spring temple and the folks in New York telling me I would have to buy new frames because I had the nerve to sweat on them causing them to fail. The Pumas were too narrow for my fat head and the wrap around earpieces made me look like Dumbo because they wouldn't bend in to fit my head. I sold both sets at a loss just to recover some of my investment. That being said I had a chance to try a set of Hornets at the VA State shoot that have a more "normal" frame and bayonet ear pieces They fit even my fat head well and the Max-Oranges were great I just can't see that they are worth $300 more than my Ranger XLWs.

--- Chip King ---

9. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

The set that I tried this last weekend were the Hornets and they were GREAT! I have been known to be kind of thrifty but I also am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Neil

10. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

DOWN UNDER HUNTER TS Member

I recently got the panther posts with max orange elenses and love them. yeah they are too expensive but they are the best I have looked through and improved scores justified the purchase.

DUH

11. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

The reason you see HiDef Spex for sale is because....well....they sell. HiDef is constantly coming out with new product and many people want to (or have to) have the latest and greatest. HiDef Spex resell very well and, usually, not much money is lost in the transaction.

If you see a HiDef (Pilla Sport) vendor at a shoot, he will most certainly let you wear whatever you want to try for as long as he is there. You don't have to buy them to try them. I have even seen a dealer loan a couple of different sets to shooters for a couple of weeks.

Bruce

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

600.00 plastic glasses are only 600.00 because some people think the more you spend the better the product. They are no better than any of the 100.00 to 150.00 glasses and probably not been field tested as well as the Decot,Ranger and Oakly glasses. Why is it some people are just attracted to the most expensive items they can find?

13. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Some people feel that a Krieghoff shoots better than a Mossberg or a Mercedes rides better than a VW. It could just be a figment of their imagination or it could be real. Who are we to judge anothers choice of anything.
    If you got the jacks buy what floats your boat, and tell the rest of the world to kiss your A$$.

Highvoltage thanked this.
  14. crossman

crossman Member

Who was the man at the Ohio State shoot that sells HiDef lenses that fit the Ranger frames?

15. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Things are really different where you live, Bruce. All I see for resale are at a huge discount off original cost.

16. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

crossman wrote: "Who was the man at the Ohio State shoot that sells HiDef lenses that fit the Ranger frames? "

His name is Nicolas Gravina. You can reach him via email at besthdspex@att.blackberry.net or you can call him at (540) 222-3639.

Bruce

17. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I sure wish that I could find one of those sets that are selling for a HUGE discount from the regular price! Neil

18. chipking

chipking TS Member

I just spoke with Nicolas a little while ago. He said that he does NOT have HiDef lenses for Ranger Frames. He did say that there is a new 3 lens set coming "The Merlin" that will list in the same price range as the RE XLWs and that the 3 lenses are selected to provide good all around usage at clay sports. The frame is more conventional as well. There is also now a XL Frame for the Panther series. Great guy to talk with the folks in NY could take some lessons from him. Of course HiDefSpex are now Pillasports so maybe the guys in NY are out.

--- Chip King ---

19. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I like my Pilla's/HiDefSpex!

20. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I'm just suprize that I see so many Pilla's/HiDefSpex for sale. I did try then at a Beretta Shoot for the day, They were nice but not $600 for me. When I'm done with the lens I would want it could go over $1000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ebay used shoonti glasses hidefspex panther
hi def shooting glasses

hidefspex

hidefspex lenses
hidefspex panther post shooting glasses

hidefspex shooting glasses

hidefspex shooting glasses prices
opinion gafas hidefspex puma