1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hidefspex shooting glasses - opinion?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stu42, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu42

stu42 Member

Anyone have experience with the hidefspex shooting glasses? They are really high priced? Thanks, Stu

2. blooch

blooch Member

I do not use them myself, but several of the guys who come to my range do. All but one of them just love them. The other guy really loves them, but has made an observation on his own, he has not shot as well as he did with his old glasses, with his hi-def specs. He has Lasik corrected vision, prior to his getting the hi defs, and his scores were up. He claims, as do the others, the image of the target is much better than with any other glasses he has owned. He is too close with his money to try to switch back to the old glasses. He says he might try it over the winter, but not during the season.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I have 10 HiDefSpex to sell here in our shop. BLOW OUT PRICE!!!!

Aviator II Blk Frame 25%LTM $229 - NOW $150

Executive Blk Frame 25%LTM $229 - NOW $150

Daytona Silver Frame 25%LTM $229 - NOW $150

Daytona Tortoise Frame 25%LTM $249 - NOW $165

Daytona Tortoise Frame 15%LTM $249 - NOW $165

Monaco Silver Frame 25%LTM $249 - NOW $165

Monaco Silver Frame 15%LTM $249 - NOW $165

Monaco Blk Frame 40%LTM $249 - NOW $165

Dino Blk Rubber Frame 25%LTM $259 - NOW $170

Dino Blk Rubber Frame 15%LTM $259 - NOW $170

MC / Visa / Amx - accepted + $5 shipping

Scott - (919) 774-7080 www.deepriver.net

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Scott- Any Panther Post glasses on sale?

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Sorry skeet man, no Panthers on sale or in stock. When we became a HiDefSpex dealer the Panther was not out yet. These(above)were the glasses available before the Panther came out. With the release of Panthers, Sebrings and now The Blade most shooters want the latest design, There is nothing wrong with the wrap style(above), they just are not moving. As a matter of fact HiDefSpex has a 20% off the purchase of 2 wraps on their website. All the above glasses come with a soft case.

Scott

6. bigk

bigk Member

I have just ordered two pairs of prescription Aviators.I already have a pair with 25ltm but find them dark for most days over here so I will now be getting a 40 and a 65 ltm.These are very good glasses but the one thing I would say is that if they had an adjustable bridge they would be much better.Does anyone know if these Aviators can be made to sit higher on your face?

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

bigk, the prescription is ground according to PD measurement in the script. If you change the relationship of the glasses location to the pupil it will affect the prescription. You should talk with John at Hidef about your concerns before they grind the prescription.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a pair of the HIDEFSPECs lenses that first came out and found that they did not work as well as the Polarized Decot lenses for shooting, but they did seem to work rather well for driving glasses ... The Polarized lenses from Decot work well for driving glasses also, but then I wouldn't have a need for the HIDEFSPECs lenses and they would be a waste of money ... If they have changed that might of changed also, but they are not worth the money in my book ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I have a pair and love'm. Very clear and the wrap is much better. And their ballistic glass too. I owned both Decot and Ranger before. Dave T.

10. bigk

bigk Member

Scott,I spoke to John today and told him that I wanted the nose piece adjusted so that the glasses would sit higher on my face.H assured me that this would not be a problem.He told me that there would be no distortion no matter where I looked through the lense.He informed me that with the current way they make their lenses it makes no differance.I hope he is correct as sometimes when shooting I find myself looking through my other glasses in different places.I had considered a set of the panthers but decided that one pane of glass was enough to be looking through at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hi def spex shooting glasses frames