1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HiDefSpex-Panther: Opinions please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mono1393, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Anyone using the Panther glasses and lenses by HiDefSpex? Curious how they are working for you? Thanks for any input.

Chris Morris

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Huge waste of money, IMHO. I base that on having bought the aviator style and ended up using them for driving, beach, etc. I imagine having George Digweed pimping them is a very effective sales tool. I suspect Digweed could outshoot everyone looking through coke bottles.

YMMV.

3. idoc

idoc Member

Chris,

Hidef uses a new material called NXT (Trivex)http://corporateportal.ppg.com/NA/chemicals/Optical/Trivex/

It's expensive. When Hidef first came out they had lens transmissions that were dark. Recently they have "seen the light" so to speak. The newest lenses are 65% and 80% transmission. As an advocate of using the lightest lens possible I think that is a great step forward.

Ranger is using this material in all of their Military sunglasses but have not replaced the polycarbonate in their shooting glasses yet. (Probably because of cost).

Ranger is great safety but poor clarity because the ABBE value of Ploy is so low. Decot is good clarity but poor safety because they use CR-39 (plastic) for most of their lenses.

NXT in my opinion is the shooting lens of the future. Other companies are starting to show up with it (Rudy Project). It is the first material to give you both the safety and a noticeable increase in clarity. It gives you the best of both worlds but at a price.......Rich

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Thanks. Anyone else?

5. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

I have a set with 15,25,40,& 65 ltm lenses. I have decot, ranger,and wouldn't go back to any other. I see better than ever with HiDefSpex and NO, I am not compensated to say this. They are very pricey. I have the Panther with Adj. Post.

One word...... Superb

Thanks, Dan

6. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Hi Dan,

Does the adj. post interfere with vision? Obviously not. Would I be just as happy without the adj. post? Thanks.

Chris

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

8. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

I shoot with the Sebrings (aviator style). I have Decot and several other brands and the HiDefSpex glasses are the best and most comfortable I have ever used.

9. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Chris,

I like them better with the post as the lenses don't sit on your nose which affords better ventilation and allows for RX when I lose a little more vision. I tried both and I suggest you do the same. Your mileage may vary......

Dan

10. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Thanks for the input.

11. idoc

idoc Member

Chris,

Look at their new frame lens combo. I have been wearing it for 2 weeks and I love it. Especially good binocular view because of the type of bridge in the non-Rx model. It's so new it's not on their old site. They will be revamping soon. Here's a link. Sorry don't know how to make it so you can just click on it..............Rich

http://www.litts.co.uk/pr/ln-hidefspex.php

12. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Sounds interesting idoc. I have sent an inquiry to HiDefSpecs on their website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.