1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hidef vs Beretta nxt wraparounds . Look the same ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DOWN UNDER HUNTER, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

DOWN UNDER HUNTER TS Member

Hi all,

CAn anyone give me a direct comparison of these two glasses ?

The beretta ones I understand were made by Hidef but dont have the same lenses quality. They are half the price. How far behind are they ?

The frames almost look like they would interchange with the Panther system ?

Thanks

DUH

2. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

there not half price for no reason,you get what you pay for and i think hidef are buy far the best, try them both befor you buy! jonnyd.

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

Save yourself some money because they are not going to change your scores, only you will and you will still look great.

Chas

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Some of the shooting glass fad amazes me. How much can plastic cost a company to make? Paying 6-700 for a pair of palstic glasses is pretty humerous when you raelly think about it. And guys use to laugh at Oakley for having 200.00 galsses. High price is not what makes a shooting glass good.

5. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

I have looked through the Hidef lenses and they make the orange targets as obvious as rubbish bin lids... no really they do. Just the price amazes me.

The beretta model is very similar in design I just wonder how the lenses are against what I have seen on the panthers.

These beretta glasses are only available in the states and not in Aus otherwise I would see first hand myself.

Not really here to debate glasses or no glasses argument, personally I can see some value in them, but thats just my wants I guess.

DUH

6. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

In my opinion the Beretta glasses are some of the best buys in shooting glasses.
    Esp. if you want to try out a new lens color.
    Spend $10.00/$15.00 instead of $40.00+ for extra lenses for your Decot's,Ranger's,Randolph's etc...

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I've had all four. Hi-Def blows them away. Very,very clear optical lenses.
    And their ballistic lens. Others aren't. You can take their lens and bend them in half, twist them, no damage. I use them for all shooting sports.
    The wrap around is awsome. Yes expensive but one set and your done. Dave T.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

My only complaints with the HiDefSpexs are that they don't make a set that fits my fat head and their warranty customer service sucks (at least from the folks I had to deal with in NY). Looking at the 2 I suspect they were made by the same folks but the frame on the Beretta looks more adjustable. My only concern is with photo chromatic lenses in general. You are allowing someone else (the manufacturer)to decide how much light transmission is correct for your eyes under varying light conditions. At 61+ I am one of those folks who likes the brightest lenses possible (with out squinting) so that my pupils are as small as possible. That way I get a crisp sharp focus just like a camera lens that is stepped down. With normal shooting glasses I can adjust that by switching lenses as needed to suit me instead of taking what the photo chromatic lenses maker gives me.

--- Chip King ---

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks a $15 pair of glasses is as good as a $200 pair of glasses must be on a steady diet of crack and should consider tapering down.

10. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

The beretta model I speak of was made by hidef and has a very similar frame, post and lense installation system.

The high def max orange ense were amazing to look through too.

DUH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta nxt glasses

beretta nxt shooting glasses adjustable

nxt shooting glasses

shooting glasses made nxt