1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hide your chore boy scrubber and insulation...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/atf-classifies-chore-boy-pot-scrubber-pads-nfa-firearms?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Guess anything can be called a "firearm" according to those who send firearms to Mexico....

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Firearms Technology Branch has deemed “Chore Boy copper cleaning pads, along with fiberglass insulation,” a firearm, subject to registration and a $200 transfer tax, an official letter obtained recently by Gun Rights Examiner reveals. The response to an attorney inquiry by John R. Spencer, Chief, Firearms Technology Branch, offers one of the more creatively restrictive assessments since ATF declared a shoestring to be a machinegun.

The rationale Spencer uses:

A silencer is a firearm per U.S. Code, subject to National Firearms Act registration and transfer tax requirements.

ound/gas absorbing materials manufactured from Chore Boy copper cleaning pads, along with fiberglass insulation, constitute a silencer…”

Therefore, it is illegal for an individual to replace deteriorated material within an already- registered suppressor without an approved ATF Form 1, ‘Application to Make and Register a Firearm,’” along with a “$200.00 making tax” and “a ‘no-marking’ variance…since there is no viable area in which to apply a serial number to the sound-absorbing material.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com ATF classifies Chore Boy pot scrubber pads NFA firearms - National gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/atf-classifies-chore-boy-pot-scrubber-pads-nfa-firearms?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1dpQT2Pth

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Chore Boy's are for crack smokers anyway...

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

BigM,

I'm not gonna ask how you know that. Don't give me the seen it on TV bit either....

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm...guess I better not let my neighbor see me with my rolled-up newspaper.

5. BigM-Perazzi

I once had friends in Low Places....

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I thought chore boys were stainless. They are the trick for removing rust by dipping in oil and then rubbing the rusty part and it will remove the rust but not take away the blueing. Jackie B.

7. BigM-Perazzi

the copper Choir Boy's are purchased for use in crack pipes. I suspect they use it as a heating element when they smoke the crack...

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

What's a Chore Boy or Copper Choir Boy?

9. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Holder's DOJ crackheads are tired of finding all the chore-boy pads sold out..!!

10. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

I use the copper Chore Boy to remove lead from pistols ( learned it from a Bill Wilson video on Government model .45 cleaning) you cut one apart with sissors and wrap enough strands around a brass bristle brush that make a tightfit for your barrel. Sit the barrel on apiece of news paper and run the cleaning rod back and forth about 10 times and see the debris on the paper. I think it works really well. Then clean your regular way. Hope this helps George

11. BigM-Perazzi

Dave, it's basically a copper SOS. Pad without the soap. Also great for deleading gun barrels...

Misspelled it should be chore boy..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.