1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hickory, NC..Shooters?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Looking for info on trap shooting within 30-45 minutes of Hickory...a place that has regular hours and days..please email or PM..Thanks, WC

2. 1oz

1oz Member

I use to visit down to Hickory for about 3 or 4 years I found the folks at Morganton and Gastonia very friendly folks to shoot with . VCery nice clubs lights for shooting at night.

3. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

gastonia trap and skeet open to all ( public range )appx. 35 min. south of hickory right off rt 321 s. open 7 days a week noon to 8 pm sat 10 to 6pm $4.25 per round . 1 trap and 2 skeet fields

4. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Thought Hickory was the home of the world championship 500 yard groundhog and egg shoot held in April each year.

Didn't know they allowed short range guns in Hickory.

5. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

Gastonia would be a better choice than Morganton, as they have a core group of trap shooters. Morganton does not have much in the way of trap shooters, as it was skeet only for many many years. Also, at Morganton, the only trap field is a combo trap/skeet and many times you have to wait for the skeeters to clear off the field after shooting and flapping their pie-holes, then set up the voice release, and in all likelihood, reload the trap. Gastonia is 7 days a week. Morganton is Wednesday afternoon and Sunday afternoon only. Although a little outside your 45 minute travel window, I would also suggest Watauga Gun Club just outside of Boone. It's members only except during shoots, but well worth the membership $.

pg

6. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Thanks, I think I'll give Gastonia a visit...WC

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Skeeters flap their Pie -Holes??????.Naaahh,cant be !!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Skeeters flap their pie-holes because they can. Try to talk to a trapshooter and he'll tell you: "Shut up, you're setting off the Canterbury!"

9. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Gastonia will be glad to have you..........Vick/Phil/Don do a great job keeping things going...even tho Vick/Don are skeet guys....Phil is trap man(really a sandbagger)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skeet trap in hickory nc

trap and skeet shooting in hickory nc

trap shooting hickory nc