1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Viz question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by treefrog, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

Looking for comments on the Hi Viz Lite pipes, Considering for a 682

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

What kind of comments would you like?

Two of my Brownings came standard with the Hi-Viz Comp sight with its little 1-inch pipes. Under most conditions I can't see anything except the light on the end of the barrel so I painted the white ones flat black and threw the colored ones away. I use the black ones to plug the hole in the sight frame and for everything except for night shooting a few clubs that have truly lousy lighting. For them I reserve a couple small white pipes with half the tube painted black to reduce the brightness.

MK

3. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

The best place for the Hi Viz is on the store shelf. Keep the money in your pocket, buy more ammo and get more practice looking at the target.

I agree with Unknown1 that a very small one MIGHT be usefull under the lights where the lighting is poor.

Shoot safely, well and often,
    Tom

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I found the large green tubes to be very helpful to me..as my eyes got worse..I moved the green to the orange dot.. It helped me for years.. Now.. until I get my surgery.. nothing seems to help..

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My scores went up immediately when I started using them. Don't take our word for it, try it yourself.

I like the small green pipe for my shooting. Changing the color of the bead should not make you start bead checking. We ALL know better than to do that! LOL

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I prefer the Champion Easy-Hit over the Hi-Viz. The smaller one they sell for hunting, I prefer for clays.

Hell, it even helps Tom Knapp from the hip!

Sw

7. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Smallest green pipe gets my vote...............GOOD LUCK

8. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I love mine, As my eyes got worse the white ones does not show up enough. I have them in my shop forsale.
    Don

9. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

I use them for skeet and trap. A quick glance down my barrel to see my bead stack that is now my pre-shot routine. After that I see nothing but bird and hopefully, bird pieces. I like the small green one too. Easy to see, but doesn't distract me from concentrating on the bird.

BUT!!! Nothing looks nicer than a tiny ivory mid bead and a larger ivory front bead with a brass pin holding it in place. It's just classy. I may do that on my KS-5 before too long.

10. AEP

AEP Member

I like mine. It's all personal preference. I use the smallest green. I tried the Flo orange, however, for me it blended to much with the orange target. I will say this...If the sun is behind you they work great. If the sun is overhead they still work ok, but if the sun is in front of you I would remove the green pipe and use either white or black.

Just my opinion,
    Andy

11. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Nothing better for low light conditions, but I have no problem in regular sun light either. My vote is yes, but you will have to try it and find out. At least it is not a large investment to find out. Nubs Wagner.

12. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I really like mine. My new BT99 shot very high when I got it. To high for me. I installed the Hi-Viz light pipe and tried the large white pipe first, not much better than my factory bead. I tried large green, still shot high. I tried smallest green and perfecto shoots a bit flatter like I am used to. Now after messing with it for several weeks I use the small green pipe in the day time and the small and sometimes medium red pipe at night. My experience with them has been great. In the case above they were helpful in a couple different ways. Give them a try if you don't like them you can always sell them. All the best.

J.F.

13. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I would suggest just buy one and try it. They are not very expensive. I found it a big distraction. I will honestly say that I probably didn't give it a try for long enough to see how things would work out. I tried it for about 4 rounds and it just wasn't for me, atleast not for targets. I have one set-up on my turkey gun and love it. But, turkey hunting you are aiming and they work great for light gathering in low light conditions.

14. pop gunn

pop gunn TS Member

I've shot the "double ivory" Browning beads on all my target and hunting guns for 50 years! Changed all my off-brand shotgun sights to these. I purchased a Browning XS Sporting with 32" bbls. and it came with the Hi-Viz sight. I thought WTF and tried it with the largest green pipe for the night skeet league and liked it. I bought several and by adjusting the green pipe diameter beads, I'm able to get near identical sight pics on everything from my 26" field gun to the 32".
    I just put double greens (they also make a mid-bead) on my club;s training shotguns and the kids love them and I've noticed an immediate improvement with new shooter success.
    I've got more than a dozen old Browning front ivories in my parts box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.