1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi-Viz on BT100? Anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I saw someone mention adding a Hi-Viz sight to a Citori so I was wondering if anyone has tried it on a BT-100? Does it help? Which one should I get?

Thanks

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Some shooters love them and some shooters hate them. You will never know which group you fall into until you try it.

Let me caution you that it often takes several days of using one for most people to get used to it.

Personally, I like them, but you'll never know whether you do until you try one.

Easystreet

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Is it easy to install on the BT?

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

vpr80----The front sight on all BT's unscrew and you just screw the right size back in. I have had various Hi Viz sights on my BT100 and one of my BT99's. Some of the sights will specify that they fit Brownings or other guns and some come with assorted size screws to fit the different guns.----Matt

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Should I try the TriComp one that I assume looks like a little up arrow or the regular Comp model that's round?

6. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

vpr80, I have a K-80 with the tube type on it. It dose what the side mount shield dose to keep your eyes from cross fire. The only time you can see the green ( or what ever color) dot is with your right eye if your a right hand shooter or your left if you are a left hand shooter. Works great without that big shield sticking up on the side.

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I used to own a BT-100 where I added a Hi-Viz sight to it.

Works great, one screw and you are set to go.

My new XT came from the factory with a Hi-Viz installed...seems like a trend.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

vpr80----I used the round one that had the interchangeable light pipes. I have the same sight on my Beretta 682 Gold E and i just love it. It came as a kit with all the screws and different size and colored light pipes.-----Matt

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

so everyone seems to like it, but which one to get?

http://www.amazon.com/HiViz-Competition-Fiber-Optic-Sight/dp/B0002INN4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1251924065&sr=8-1

OR

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AU2MFQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Looks like they both come with different beads so i'll try the TriComp model, I think I like the top point a bit better than just a round bead.

11. Bucko43

The first one is the one I bought.

I've had guns with the second one installed and the hi-viz has fallen out before when the gun gets real hot, especially in the summer time.

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Hum....well that's interesting. Is there something fundamentally different between the two that one doesn't have this problem and one does? Also what's the difference between these and the Magni-Comp.

I hate it when there are several different models and I can't tell the difference.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's another option, same idea. See link. No screws/beads to play with. Comes with two-sided tape. Clean the rib with carb cleaner, peel back the tape and stick it on in front of the bead. It'll stick too, mines been on the Plus's rib for 4 years. If you don't like it, peel it off and trash it (or send it to me - ;-)).

Costs about $25 (less than $20 if you can find one at a shoot). Same idea as the HI-VIS, but the diameter of the tube is about half that of a Hi-Viz. I'd recommend green. Really can make a difference in low light. If don't like the two-sided tape, there are mounting holes built in. It you think the two-sided tape won't stay stuck, fortify it with a little silicon glue around the edges. Good luck.

14. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Not really hot on the idea of taping/gluing something onto my gun so I just ordered the Magni-Comp one. thanks

15. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

I think you will find with any of these sights if they end up higher than your bead your POI will go down.Not a lot though.

Craby

16. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I am going to have to work a bit on getting my POI right or at least understand very well where the gun is shooting. Now that I am getting a bit better I need to try and figure out EXACTLY where the gun is shooting and whether I need to figure-8 the target or "float" it or what.

17. Bucko43

My BT-100 was a very flat shooting gun. In other words, I had to cover the bird when I was shooting handicap. It was so flat, I would say it was 50/50. But once I got the hang of that gun I broke more clays with it than any other gun I've owned. I regret the day I sold that gun, but I sold it to a friend that was struggling and I was hoping it would improve his scores.

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I used the HiViz "comp" sight for my 99s. Offered 7 light pipes, easily interchanged. Was the same kits offered by Browning on their 525s.

I would suggest a drop of lock-tite in the screw hole.

regards all,

Jay

19. BT99Max100

BT99Max100 Member

Take a look at the HiViz 'Flame' shotgun sight. It comes in either green or red and includes 5 screws. The Brownells number is FL2005-G ($15 approx). What I like about this sight is that its not too big.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hi viz sight for bt99