1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Viz Comp Sight

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fandolino, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fandolino

fandolino TS Member

What is the consensus of opinion for this type of front sight on trap guns?

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've had them as standard equipment on a couple of guns that I've owned and thought that they were good. Due to my preferences, I just used the white pins.

If you like using the light emiting colored pins they do a very nice job.

ec90t

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I tried them and like them. However, I found myself looking more at the bead than the target. Had to take it off and go gack to a standard white bead.

4. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I have them on my gun, use the white pipe also---scores have gone up since going white-it works for me, but Harlan Cambell uses green & it really WORKS for him---Phil

5. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have had them on my guns and found that I was looking at the sight instead of the target. My scores went down when I had them on, so I took it off and my scores went back up. I currently use a white pipe that is blacked out with a marker.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Being cross dominant, I find the HiViz keeps me from bead checking. It is SO prominent in my peripheral vision, I do not bead check. My scores went up immediately when I tried a set. All of my primary tournament guns have them. I use the green pipe, size does not seem to matter.

Those of you that bead check, STOP IT! LOL

7. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

I shoot off of my left shoulder but am right eye dominant. I shoot with sustained lead and cannot establish a bird bead relationship very well with the standard shotgun bead. I had the HI VIZ Magna Comb on my last gun which helped immensley. I now have tried a Tru Glo sight which I like even more than HI VIZ. The fiber optic in the Tru Glo illuminates well even in low light conditions.

Frank Maglin

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

For what they cost, try em. I have them on my XT came with it. If you are really used to the white beads you may end up sticking the white stick in their. I really like the large green triangle site on my turkey gun. good for low light.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

It could be that these things help those of us who are cross dominant more than others. There are a lot of folks out there whose shoulder and master eye do not match.

STOP BEAD CHECKING!!!! LOL

10. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

They really work well for those who are "bead sensitive" if you remove the light pipe and just leave the empty rings that held it.

Morgan

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the small diameter 2 mm size Uni-Dot on my Trap guns and a larger Meadow Industries Vari Brite II on my field guns. As I got older I started to suffer from occasional not consistent cross-firing and I am convinced the hooded fiber optic beads solved my problem. Once I got used to em I never looked at the bead again but I know it is there without even trying. I got rid of my center beads as I believe they are the cause of bead checking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does a hi-viz front bead help on a trap gun