1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hi-vis sights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mich746

mich746 Member

Anybody have an opinion on replacing factory white bead with a hi-vis type sight. Pro's/Con's, which after market is best? color choice?
    Your thoughts.....

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I like the green color. I tend to look at the front bead more which is bad. I have had them both and to me a white Bradley front bead is still my favorite.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Harlan Campbell uses them so they must not be too bad. I use the hooded Uni-Dot to prevent an occasional tendency to crossfire.

4. mich746

mich746 Member

Steve,
    Yeah, that's why I asked, knowing that I shouldn't be focusing on the fount bead it seam counter-productive to put something on that will make you look.
    I'm just one of those guy's that always has to try all the new gadgets.

5. RedScare

RedScare Member

I have 7 of them. I love em. Much easier to see the bead - bird relationship in cloudy/hazy skies.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I use the small green pipe. Works for me, so prominent in my peripheral vision that I have no need to bead check.

Scores went up, main purpose of accessories.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I use an orange one on my SX-1 and broke 96/100 Sporting Clays on Friday. The course was fluffed up and pretty easy as it was a benefit shoot. I think it was an advantage!!

8. mich746

mich746 Member

OK, I guess I'll have to try one. Any opinion on the best type/brand. Any tricks installing one other than screwing out the old and screwing in the new. Also looking for the thing on the rib that keeps me from seeing the bead with my left eye, what are they called and where can I get one.
    Thanks for helping out a new shooter

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

That is the cool thing about the Uni-Dot it has the features of the rib blinder because it is hooded so only your on shoulder eye can see it. The Meadow Industries Vari Brite is the same concept however it is larger than the 2 mm size that I like for Trap.

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have had dealings with the Hi-Viz people and found them to be polite, helpful, and they delivered great customer service. By the way, if you put one on and don't like the colored pipes, you can always put in a white one and you are back where you were. Martinpicker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

using hi vis front sight clays