1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi standard victor or S&W 41

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ramen39, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Looking to buy an auto 22lr. Which is preferable? Also would consider A Smith K-22.

2. SYLHOUETTE

SYLHOUETTE TS Member

I owned a smith 41 for many years. the early ones were realy good quality super accurate and the only one of the three you mentioned with an adjustable trigger

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

The one you shoot the best. I preferred the Hi-Standard.

If you intend to compete, the K-22 is a poor choice.

Don Verna

4. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I just like the old S&W of any type 41 good choice.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

All the High Standard models of #103,104 106 107 in grades of Citation or Trophy along with the Victor have adjustable triggers. This is a Victor.
    [​IMG]

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Hi-Standard guns what so ever. I have an old Hi-Standard Model M-101. I wouldn't say its a competition accurate gun but for everyday plinking its more than accurate. It will feed any ammo you throw at it including those CCI mini shotshells. I don't believe they still make the Model 101 however.

All this said i would go the Hi-Standard Victor route but thats just me.

My Hi-Standard M-101

[​IMG]

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've owned the Victor and the model 41(a very early one). I still have the 41 the Victor was sold long ago. Bulge.

8. BT99

BT99 Member

I have a Smith 41 with 2 barrels, a 7 3/8 with comp., and a 5 inch. Old model
    with cocking indicator. It shoots better than I can ever hope to hold it.
    By the way, Its for sale.

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Shot them all including the Colt Woodsman Target. The one I stuck with is a Ruger MkII Target, tricked out they are hard to beat!

My other target 22 is a 617 full underlug 8 3/8 barrel.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I own both the 41 and the Victor. I have changed the trigger pull on my 41 quite a few times but I have never been able to change the trigger pull on the Victor.

If I were choosing between the 41 and the Victor I would choose the 41. For a couple of reason one Magazines the originals are hard to come by if you do find them they sell for top dollar. the newer after market Magazines don't function well in my Victor. They appear a little long.

Two I just feel the 41 is more comfortable to shoot. Just my opinion your may vary.

Bob Lawless

11. daveship

daveship Member

hi i have owned the victor and the 41. both are accurate shooters but the victor was finicky with magazines and ammo.my vote is for the 41 i do have a victor 4 inch barrel for sale no rib in excellent shape if anyone is interested. thanks

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I can't say enough good things about the M41 S&W. I have an older model with the 5 1/2" barrel and it is a shooting machine. Very accurate and feeds almost anything. Also have a HiStandard 'ShrpShooter' which has a 5" bull barrel and the rear sight is on the top of the sliding bolt. I have had a lot of trouble keeping that sight from drifting although the gun is accurate. I like the magazine relase of the S&W 41 much better than the High Standard - it is a button located right where it should be. All in all I think the M41 is the better gun by quite a margin.

You mentioned a K-22 also which is at the very top of my list for good .22 handguns. If you intend to carry the pistol for small game hunting or what-ever the K-22 has many advantages over the autoloader. If you are strictly looking for a paper puncher and not a holster gun then go with the M41.

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I have both and the High Standard will not cycle hollow point ammo..Not sure if you really care about that...Trigger in the Victor Militay model I have is the best trigger I have ever experienced....I agree with the go with the one you shoot best considering both are very well made guns...

14. quartering

quartering Active Member

colt woodsman match target.

15. bill2

bill2 Member

BT99, You have a PM. Bill2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
high standard citation or trophy
high standard victor

high standard victor magazines