1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HI Grade Shooting Supply

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mbm5770, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

I don't normally do this, but I visited a new gun shop in my area and this place is the real deal. They have a great selection( not one or two) but like ten guns of each type and combo package. Everything is right there for you to handle and inspect. No pressure, plenty of good conversation and good prices. Great people all around. It is about an hour and a half from me. I wish they were closer. They are called Hi Grade Shooting in Irwin PA. Tracy is a super nice lady. I didn't get to meet her husband, but as nice as she was I couldn't imagine her being married to a guy that wasn't the same. I have no financial interest in this place, just wanted to tell everyone if your looking for something and great people and service to go along....this is the place. Thanks and GOD Bless everyone. Bust'em all!!!!!!

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I got a gun from Hi Grade and they were very nice and helpfull.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got my last Perazzi from Roy at the PA Grand a couple of years ago. Easy to do business with.

Ed Yanchok

4. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

I went to that place several years ago, at Christmas time, a bit down on my luck and needing some cash to get my family some presents. I had a shot gun I wanted to sell and he offered me 1/3 of the price I paid for it. Seemed to me like he could see I was ready to sell no matter what. Learned a valuable lesson that day. They took advantage of me, they will never have the opportunity to do it again.

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Oh, grow up.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You took advantage of yourself

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

wpairishshot,
    Something is only worth whatever they are willing to pay for it. You could have said no and gone anywhere you wanted. If there is disappointment and finger pointing, find a mirror.

Chip Porter

8. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Then you should of pawned it

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Retailers don't pay retail prices, they pay wholesale; if they buy at retail and sell for retail they wouldn't be in business to buy your gun and make your Christmas, it's called business.

Once something is used, its used and will not command a new price. Lucky you had something to sell and even more so, someone to buy.

It's a mean world, isn't it................

Surfer

10. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Bought my Trap Special from them. Great transaction and a great price.

Bill

11. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Say what you want about me, I dont care, there were lessons learned from this experience. All I can say is that if it was me on the other side of this transaction, I would have treated the person much better. All it takes is one time to be taken advantage of, and you learn how it feels and then you dont do it to anyone else. And never darken their doorstep again!

12. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

I am in New Mexico and have ordered several guns from Hi Grade. I've had nothing but great service from them.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

13. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I have also had a positive experience at HiGrade and would buy a gun from them again. Roy is not the most friendly guy, but the gun he sold me was exactly as described. Their Perazzi prices are very good, in fact they were the lowest at the time. Good shop.

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I bought a group of stocks from them a while back. Good stuff, good deal. Bought off their website pictures. He said he had lots more. I trusted him to send similar quality. It was not. The pictures that I made the original purchase are still on their website. That said, I'd buy form them again, but with current pics.

15. TjayE

TjayE Member

Hi Grade has been in business for a LONG time. That should tell you something about how they are rated by fellow customers. I have dealt with Roy many times and have always been satisfied with my purchases. Tom

16. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Hi grade is a great place for your new and used shotguns. Tracy & Roy are great people to deal with also. I visit Hi grade often sometimes just to stop in and say hello.

Jason in PA

17. njuliano

njuliano Member

I did not have the best experience with Hi-Grade either. I traveled about 5 hours each way to get there from eastern PA. They have a very nice selection of left handed guns there so being a lefty I made the hike out there to try a few for fit. I purchased a new Beretta Combo gun and got it home, I was shinning it up with some Hops solvent, when the rag hooked the side of the rib. What's That ??? There was a burr on the top edge of the TopSingle rib. I rubbed a little more and "blue'ing" came off around the burr area only. Like it was touched up with a marker or something. When I called and spoke to the older gentleman and explained the issue, I was told that "all guns have little imperfections and that I was being too picky" about it. I explained that I almost cut my finger on the burr and this was supposed to be a "NEW" gun. He continued to argue with an angry attitude when I requested to be sent a new barrel and finally agreed that I send the barrel to him to fix at his gunsmith. I will not purchase from Hi-Grade again.

Joel Etchen Gun's, on the other hand is EXCELLENT. I have done business with him several times and always have had a positive experience.

Allems Gun Craft - also excellent work and never had any issues.

18. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I think hi-grade is for the most part great, but they have one big downfall. There prices and selection are great, and Tracy (and their son) are very nice. they make you feel very comfortable and welcome in the store. The downfall is when you need some questions answered. I think Ray is the one with the gun knowlegde but after being there 4 times, calling several, and email several times, I have never spoken to him. It seems like he lets the other members of the family run the shop. If you know exactly what you are buying then this is a great place. If you are a new shooter and have a bunch of questions then it might not be for you. I dont want the previous statement to sound harsh, but I just found it easier to get answers from other dealers.

19. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Wpairishot,
    No one can take advantage of you unless you allow them to do so. If they made an offer regardless if it was ten percent of the guns value and you accepted the offer, then you have no one to blame except yourself. Shame on you for making a decision you regret and blaming it on someone for your poor choice. You could have made a deal with someone else.

Take responsibility for your actions and don't bad mouth someone because you made a bad decision. Were becoming a country of babies, where are the adults? Dead and gone, I guess..............

Surfer

20. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Bearing in mind that children read this, I wont say what I really am feeling right now. I think your labelling someone because they state their opinion is really the problem with this country. If you dont like it, there is not much I can do about it. However, since we're swapping opinions of each other, you know what you can do with yours! Where the sun doesn't shine comes to mind pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hi grade shooters

hi grade shooters supply
hi grade shooting supplies
hi-grade shooters
hi-grade shooters supply

high grade shooters

higrade shooters
trap shooters supply