1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi-grade Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Does anyone know much about this place - for example, if I find something I like can I shoot it there? If I buy something do I get to take it right away? Any info. would be good - getting ready to make the 4.5 hr. ride. If anyone knows of bigger gun shops in eastern PA - that would be helpful too (NOT CABELAS!!) Thanks.... Jill

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I would have to say Allems also. I called them about a gun and they were nothing but helpful. HI Gun, I was at the Pa State shoot and the person who I talked to was nothing but a rude SOB. How he kept his job there I do not know.

3. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Where is Allems? I live near Allentown.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Allems-if you're looking to spend over $5,000. If you're looking for a BT-99 Plus you're probably barking up the wrong tree!!

5. wrockets

wrockets TS Member

If you're making the drive from Allentown to Hi-Grade Shooters, you'll be driving past Joel Etchen's. I don't believe there's a range there, but Joel is very helpful.
    Warren

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Yes Joel has a trap range

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Did Jaqua's close their trap range?

8. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

My $.02,I bought a used Browning Citori from Joel that ended up being to short for me.I bought a new XT from Roy and Roy did not want to honor his own sale price listed on his web site the same day I went there but he agreed to split the difference after I pushed him.Both gentlemen just wanted to sale me a gun otherwise I don't think they would have given me the time of day.I don't know if was because I did not look rich enough to even buy a trap gun or look rich enough to buy a Perazzi.I am just a working man who likes to shoot trap.If you choose to go to Hi-grade Roys shop is on the back side of the Subaru dealership on route 30 at the top of Jacktown hill in Irwin/North Huntingdon.Good luck!

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Come to the Grand. All kinds of gun dealers and a few traps to try them out.

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I was interested in a gun he had listed on his website (Hi Grade). Woman on the phone told me all of the higher end guns would be at a shoot Roy was attending. So I made the 4 hour drive to PA to check out this gun. Well, gun wasn't there, it was back at the shop. WTF! What a waste of a day. So I ordered it from him, knowing I had a 3 day inspection, and he agreed to switch out the barrels on the gun for a different pair he had laying around. Well, the gun arrived, I didn't think the fit was right so I asked to return it within the 3 day policy. He starts to complain about it saying how he sold the other barrels already so he will get screwed on the deal now, but in the end he accepted the gun back.

he is someone I wouldn't do business with. Someone who is wheeling and dealing like that doesn't seem like good business. I had 3 day inspection, gimme a break, stop your complaining.

11. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I personally have had a wonderful experience with Hi-Grade. I traded a gun and bought a new one, I feel I got a good price on both sides of the deal. I will buy my next gun from Roy too. Sorry to hear you fellows have had a bad time, that has not been my experience.

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever dealt with a more gentlemanly dealer than Joel Etchen.

Ed

13. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I had the same experience as goose2 which I found inexplicable. Went with Bob Schultz.

14. andybull

andybull Active Member

I just purchased a Ljutic from Joel, I found him to be courteous on the phone and responded to every e-mail I sent him.

Andy Baez

15. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Hey if your interested, I just traded a BT-99 Golden Clay into Jaquas. I know they will let you shoot there and test a gun, the gun is solid and I almost cried parting with it, but I traded it for a combo so I could lose more money shooting doubles! If your intersted and want more info let me know.

Deb

16. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

High grade would not drop $50 off there retail price on a gun they had on there web page. I also had to remind them of the rebate that was being offered. If a gun dealer won't drop $50 on an expensive gun and not tell you about the rebate they can go straight to hell. There are to many good gun dealers out there to deal with these self centered idiots. I will continue to steer people away from HG every chance I get.
    I also asked them to send a picture of a gun they had and the boy said he couldn't do it. It wasn't company policy. He suggested I purchase it and I had a 3 day period to return it if I didn't like it. What the hell they thinking, are they on crack. They must think they are dealing with a bunch of village idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hi grade shooter

hi grade shooters

hi-grade gun shop

highgradeshooter