1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi End O/U ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Starting to look for a high end o/u gun with a bottom break. Am I correct that Seitz is the only gun that is currently on the mkt, that is a bottom break. Would be considering a used LM-6, Centennial , Alfermann, etc. Wood is not important as I will have a custom stock made & fitted.

Lou

2. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Theres a nice ljutic o/u for sale in the for sale threads by ljutic guy. nice gun, I've shot it. Gary L.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If you try to buy the LJutic o/u make the seller shoot 100 shells and if the triggers don,t break buy it .

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

635 G Seitz if you have the money Alfermann If you want to save about 7K and still get a fantastic O/U. As a former Ljutic Bi-Gun owner I would not recommend one.

--- Chip King ---

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

KXT Please post a picture of the Bowen O/U

6. yelllab

yelllab TS Member

635 G There is a Alfermann o/u at my local gun dealer for $13k I can give some details if interested.

Larry

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Lou, Just curious, if you don't mind me asking, why a bottom break? Bill Malcolm

8. Beretta687EELL

No Jerry, I'm just wondering what Lou's reason is. I'm sure it is a good one. I never considered that when I chose the Kolar.

When are you heading to AZ? Bill Malcolm

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The reason I would like a bottom break is, I currently am shooting an Infinity with a release. I' very comfortable just sliding my left hand against the break button to open the gun when there is a no target or a refuse target situation. Don't know if I'm going to go to a double release or a release/pull for doubles. Just find it uncomfortable to remove left hand from the gun to open the gun.

Phil Berkowitz aka Lou

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Phil,

It doesen't matter which gun you choose many of them are good and more than you want to know are no good. Shoot the gun before buying it. Shoot it at a patternplate and shoot lots of patterns not for % but for impact.

Shoot the gun you are considering hot and cold and with various ammo.
    If you find a gun with good barrels buy it and never let go.

Joe

11. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Phil, I have a Seitz O/U # 22 Titanium with all the bells and whistles and Ljutic LM6 #5 O/U for sale. Email me above your address for pic's and info. Thanks, Doug @ SGS

12. Beretta687EELL

Thanks for the info Phil (Lou), I was just curious. I shoot release and thought that opening a bottom release would be awkward, I guess I am just used to opening the Kolar with the top release.

FYI, I talked to a number of top notch double release shooters that I know and they all said that they wished they had gone to double release right away. As a result I started shooting the double release and skipped over the release / pull process. You need to shoot a bunch of double targets to get used to it, but then it seems natural. I did it over on the skeet field through last winter and I am quite comfortable with it now.

Jerry ... good luck and have a safe trip to AZ ... next year I will see you down there. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.