1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey y'all, watch this!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/indoor-tractor-pulling-gone-awry/20drs1ie?q=Stupid+Videos&rel=msn&from=en-us_msnhp&form=msnrll&gt1=42007

I couldn't figure out how to embed this one so just cut and paste.

ss

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I would have done that, but the address is too long for the space provided. I believe it was only one engine.

ss

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Not sure myself, but it kind of looks like it lost its blower with a turbo super charger and possibly the heads with it. Whats left in the tractor looks like a motor block with a tranny behind. The motor sounded odd as well!!! Almost like a jet motor with a odd pitch sound to it. I remember those tractors years ago where they just kept adding motors to them. In the 90's or around there. Used to watch them on espn 2, they finally stopped adding motors at 5 fully blown V-8 motors. No room left. I didn't even know they still had tractor pulls anymore. Break-em all. Jeff

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That's 1 engine. That's what happens when you hydraulic a cylinder, it fills with fuel, and lifts the block off just above the crankshaft.

IHC 466 blocks are fairly easy to blow apart.

A LOT of CASH laying there.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

About the same thing happens if a stuck valve occurs in a supercharged engine.

6. 221

That was just the other day in Zwolle, Netherlands.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Pull & Mark

221, Since you know so much more than I do about these motors, could you explain what a hydraulic cyclinder motor is??? Type of fuel and other info. That motor appears to be a strait 6 and they are useing it at trator pulls??? Also a 6 cyl. at 466 block!!! Interesting. Break-em all. Jeff

8. 221

I'll try

IHC DT466 Block

600-650 cu in

SOHC

Hilborn style fuel injection

Methanol fuel

3 Turbochargers in 2 stages

A wagon load of cash....playing with these things can embarrass a man financially REAL FAST.

What usually happens when you hydraulic a cylinder, there will be a valve train failure.....a lot of times an exhaust rocker arm will fail causing the exhaust valve to not open.......the fuel flows into the cylinder but cannot get out through the exhaust and when it starts to fill up the piston hammers the block apart.......like you saw in the video.

It's actually a common occurrence with that game.

In the US those engines are required to be tethered.....with safety cables.

9. Pull & Mark

Thank you 221. I thought you said it very well. Its very exciting to see the engine blow up like that though. Abit to dangerous for the spectators for insurance reasons I guess, but fun to watch. Break-em all. Jeff

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Hydraulic a cylinder = all fluid in cylinder with no air, Piston is trying to come back to the top and blows the head off. ok? Happens at the drag strip on a fairly regular basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.