1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HEY WHERE IS THE ACLU?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by shooter99, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen or heard from the ACLU on protecting our 2nd Amendment rights? I haven't.

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

They never get beyond Amendment 1. BT100dc

3. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

If The Second Amendment goes the rest will not be far behind until they are all gone, along with the Constitution and all other documents we hold dear.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Dont hold your breath,,,we're not athiests,or the correct sexual orientation, citizen status, want to murder the unborn or have criminal records that they might want to fight to get us out of the pokey...screwed up for sure

5. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

What hypocrisy,

Over the years that I have been watching this site, I would guess that there have been hundreds of attacks on the ACLU and no defendants. Now, you seem to be looking for their help. If you are really interested in their position on the current discussions about the 2nd amendment or their general position about school security, I suggest you look at their web site or contact them directly.

As far as i can tell, with the exception of writing to Biden's "gun" committee, they seem to have had little to say. I wish they would say more.

If you agree with some of their positions, just as you would with the NRA, you might consider joining or a one time donation. I'm sure they would be very appreciative.

6. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Trader I don't think ANYONE ever expects the ACLU to do a dam thing for us. Get a life.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Aiding Criminal Liberties Union

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What Brian said

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The ACLU is very well known for sticking up for reprehensible human beings.

I have not heard from them when it comes to the rights of normal people.

HM

10. shooter99

I wasn't looking for their help. If they got involved in this issue it would not be on our side.

11. Traders

cbxchris,

Perhaps you didn't read the threads preceding mine. While they may not have expected it, of course the writers wanted the ACLU to defend the 2nd amendment and they should.

GWII,

If you weren't asking for a defense of the 2nd amendment from the ACLU why would you post, "I don't think ANYONE ever expects the ACLU to do a dam thing for us."

halfmile,

Try reading the ACLU site. They seem to be defending lots of "normal" people.

For those of you who believe that the ACLU is the "worst of the worst", you might consider reading their web site before you jump to that conclusion. I just did and found that i agreed with some of the issues they are defending. I am disappointed that there is nothing about the 2nd A.

In any case, it's hard to disagree with someone if you don't listen to what they have to say.

12. shooter99

I made the post so that people would think about what they are NOT doing for us and to re-afirm how WORTHLESS they are to the majority of Americans.

13. Traders

gwII,

Organizations like the ACLU and the NRA tend to protect the rights of minorities. In a Democracy, majorities do not need protection.

14. beeper

beeper Member

What would you recommend that the ACLU do in reagrd to the Second Amendmendt?

the Beeper

15. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Its my understanding they only fight for the rights of minorities, queers and liberals. ed nichols

16. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I guess the ACLU does not believe the 2nd Amendment is a civil liberty. I wouldn't give these people 1 penny ever. BT100dc

17. JRANDALL1

JRANDALL1 Member

According to the news, the ACLU is trying to reverse the idea of looking into a persons medical history. The HIPPA law was created to protect people from illnesses and medication from becoming front page news. If you go to the websites of medicine manufacturers, you will find that many blood pressure medicines, contain the same ingrediants of anti-depressants and anti psychotics. Many on this board feel it is okay to divulge medical history of other people. On the other hand many of you were upset about New York publishing ccw permits in the paper. I want the aclu to keep my medical records private. I DO NOT agree with what they did in New York either!
    Jeff Randall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.