1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey PW Guys,,,,

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by capnrico, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

I have a PW Platinum and today I discovered my powder drop tube in my hopper is coated with a thin layer of gunpowder that attacked the plastic (spooge)and attached to it. It's like how McDonalds makes the "FUSED" pieces parts on the chicken nuggets.

I use either 700X or Longshot, but I think it's the Longshot.

Anyone have that happen before? I've only owned the loader just over a year.

I seen a guy was making and selling a machined hopper out of aluminum, is that why?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use Longshot - never happened to me. Have had my Platinum 2000 for 6 years

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i just gave my 20 gauge a good once over and found the same thing you describe, i was loading unique,why it stuck to the tube?? someone else will have to explain that one ,static --sure--but why?? and how??

bill

4. 5shot

5shot TS Member

Here are a couple of things you can try: 1. Tape a strip of clothes dryer fabric softener paper, about 1.25 inches wide, so that it hangs down inside the powder hopper. 2. Take a piece of wire and ground the press to a good ground like the ground of a nearby 120 volt outlet (make sure uou get the GROUND).

This has all but eliminated static electricity from my reloader.

Good luck
    Bill C.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its one of the ingredients used in the powder. If I leave titegroup in my reloader it will etch the plastic.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

All powders have solvents that can slowly attack the powder hoppers. But, my previous PW powder hopper was full for over 10 years. My current PW hopper has had powder in if constantly for 5 years. I have not detected any noticeable damage. I have only used Green Dot, American Select and Red Dot powders.

Pat Ireland

7. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

I use Titegroup too but the Longshot was left in the hopper for a spell. My 700X sets in it most of the time if any.

Another shooter told me today that Longshot eats up his plastic bottles on his Mec.

The last 8# jug of Longshot dropped an extra 1 1/2 grains more than usual with the same bushing.

I am going to attempt to clean them out tonight and see how that goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.