1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Neil Winston

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Kennedy, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

I've got my 3 different choke tubes for my beretta 391. My barrel measures .730.

1 factory beretta tube is .040 choke

2 Briley tube is .040 choke

3 Wrights tube is .040 choke

Is the goal to shoot 10 patterns with each tube?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Yes it is, Doug. I have the 0.040 Beretta Optima we discussed on the phone, but the others would sure help. Can we make a deal? For example,my 0.035 Briley for your 0.040 on on long-term loan? I can't find that bore-matching option everyone talks up on Wright's website - how can one make that happen?

I ordered Seminoles 0.040 and 0.020 today; as my collection grows by spring I'll have more work to do than I can handle. I'd better get rolling on the data I already have analyzed but not yet written up; there's a long winter's worth at least.

Neil

3. Doug Kennedy

Neil, on the bore matching,I used a Wrights #10. With my .730 bore it came out just right@.690. The wrights fit my barrel the best as far as how they mate up to the barrel. The "jump" on the on the choke tubes as follows. Beretta .738-.740 Briley .740 Wrights .732-.733.

The parell section is as follows

1 beretta .750

2 briley 1.000

3 wrights .625

The runout on the chokes is as follows

1 beretta dead even

2 briley dead even

3 wrights dead even.

Closing I will try and find more chokes tubes to add to the test. I haven't taken the time to research the out choke tube makers.

4. Doug Kennedy

Neil,

I forgot to add in my post. I can loan you all my chokes tubes for the experment. That way you don't have to buy what I allread have. I know its cold and snowy up there,but I bet ups still runs up north,even in the winter!

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Neil - I had to enter the bore size when I ordered some chokes for my Mach One. There are 2 questions at check out time. #1 is for the Series, #2 is for the bore size. Try selecting what you can and then checking out. I believe they ask the question then.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.