1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Neil - Estate #9 ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doug Brown, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Did I recall Neil saying he thought Estate 1oz. #9's , were great for the first shot of doubles?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

They are what I like, Doug. A little faster than my #28 bushing Red Dot reloads and never fail to switch over the barrels on any Perazzi. I've never patterned them; I don't have to. I shot 4000 doubles in Texas last month and missed maybe a couple of first birds; they must be just fine.

Neil

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The gun I use mostly, though I experiment a bit, is a 32 inch Ithaca Perazzi MX-8 with unmodified bore and choke, so it (about) full and full. I have a similar gun with choke tubes and I tested everyone's advice to use more open for the first shot and I didn't help.

It's 0.028/0.038 and I'd be happy with 0.020 for the first shot, but the gun shoots just exactly where I want now, and I'd be crazy to risk the POI (and you do when you change something) for the uncertain benefits of a more open pattern.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.