1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Jimmy Bowen, You Wanna Piece of ME???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Hey Jimmy,

I’ve been reading between the lines of all your comments on TS.com for the past couple of weeks about you’re successful Winter Jackpot Shoots, (way to go by the way!! 82 entries is kicking some booty!!), and I believe in your mean and sadistic way you’ve been calling myself, all the Northern Shooters and Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range out for a little Lewis Class Jackpot Turkey Challenge. Well Mr. Bowen, I’m here to tell you GAME ON!!!!! Now that Rifle Sight-In Season is over, I’ll be able to put 100% of my time into getting some shooters round up, back into shape and able come down and take most of the Minneapolis Gun Clubs Turkeys on Saturday, November 19th and keep most of the Turkeys when you and your beat-up shooters come up to Del-Tone/Luth on Sunday, November 20th. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH we’re gonna be eating Like Champions here in the North come Turkey Day!!!!

Also, since you placed soooooooooo much pressure on most, if not all, the shooters who showed up at the Minneapolis Gun Club last year for the Pie Challenge to shoot for you, I’m here to tell you that Mr. and Mr. Smith and any body else I can think of between now and Nov. 19th & 20th will be shooting for Del-Tone/Luth!!!

Get ready for a BEAT DOWN JIMMY!!!!

Jeff

2. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Ahhh, me wanting a piece of YOU???? Hell NO!!! YUCK. But a challenge from the Up Nort Shooters on who gets the most turkeys???......Ya Damn Right. Last year at the Pie Challenge you guys had to go buy your own...remember?? And the Smith boy's, they live in Rochester, how the hell are you going to call them Northern shooters?

The 19th & 20th it is. First ten 25's that come in...get a Thanksgiving Turkey to bring home for the family to enjoy. One to a shooter, no carry overs from the 16's to the handicap Cheryl, no scores called in from Tuscon Tom Sletta or Bob Munson.

And to top that off, we'll be paying out the Jackpot cash as usual.

Saturday the 19th at Minneapolis Gun Club, Sunday the 20th at Del Tone. Doesn't get any better than that.

Hope to see you both places.

Jimmy Bowen

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Gosh, maybe I can get up to Canada, shoot a big buck early and get home in time for this. Jimmy, lined up any ringers for your Mpls team? Sounds like you're going to need them.

4. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Jimmy, I believe your age is finally catching up to ya!!! If I remember correctly, which I do, when we left the Minneapolis Gun Club last year, after the first day of the Pie Challenge, I only had to buy a few extra Pies for the following day since we won the majority of yours. PLUS I DIDN’T HAVE TO BUY THE CREAM OF THE CROP PIE, THE GREAT CARMEL CRUNCH DUE TO IT TRAVELED UP NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Nort Shooters felt so bad for taking all those delicious pies away from you southerners, (some of you guys looked at us like we were taking milk away from their children), that we took it easy on you the following day and let you win most of them back.. This year we’re not going to be so kind.

PS: If the guys can’t send in their scores this year from Tucson, does that also mean we northern shooters can’t shoot our scores on say, Monday or Tuesday, and use those for the competition? You know, set the traps up just the way we like them, keep our own scores and have no one around to see what is actually going on or what we actually shoot. Just wondering.

Jeff

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha, you're the one who just had a birthday and joined the old pharts club. And just to jog your memory I've got the results from the Pie Shoot from last year. As you can see, you guy's brought down that enclosed trailer to bring home.... 3 pies!!!! Nice going. And, yeah, you got the Carmel Apple Walnut Crunch....not because you shot better....you tied with a 49....and got lucky with the coin flip!!! One of the hardest things I've had to do is hand you that pie. Damn it.

No call in's....no write in's, ya gots to shoot 'em to score 'em. With a scorer in the chair. I am trying to get these to count for the state team though.

Warm up shoot at MGC this Saturday. Let the banter begin.

Jimmy Bowen

Read it and weep Jeffery, we're gonna get ya.

Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot Results October 30, 2010

The lewis class winnings paid out 7 classes and went all the way to the 37's.
    1st Class Jeff Hoppes 49
    Jimmy Bowen 49
    2nd Class Curt Peterson 46
    Curt Peterson 46
    3rd Class Ray Steffenson 45
    Scott Steffen 45
    4th Class Len Lindquist 43
    Denny Steinhaus 43
    5th Class Charlie Leavitt 41
    Bob Lalor 41
    6th Class Bob Wiltse 39
    Scott Messenger 39
    7th Class John Bacon 37
    Charlie Leavitt 37
    Ties=16's from the back then Handicap from the back.
    What a great day for what hopes to be an annual event between MGC & Del-Tone Luth. The shooting was fast & furious and bragging rights for those pies made everyone shoot their best.

As a courtesy to the visiting club, Del-Tone was allowed to squad first to have 1st chance to start piling the pies up. Wellllll, they got done with the 16's, the "easy" targets, and........no pies!!! What the heck is up with that??? On to the Handicap......and nada, nothing, pie-less. A MGC squad was next out and after all of those sootballs drifted away.....one pie was gone for the taking......to the guy in the pumpkin orange sweater....Jiiiiimy Bowen. I knew those Kiner drills would pay off. Next another Del-Tone squad, and waddayou know...Ray Steffenson showed 'em it could be done. And, so it went, for awhile, then the flood gates opened up when more hungry MGC shooters showed up. Final tally........MGC 7 pies......Del-Tone 3. Tomorrow, the MGC contingent will head Nort to see how it goes for those Del-Tone pies...and the bragging rights for the 2010 Halloween Pumpkin Pie Shoot.

The pie winners are; Jimmy Bowen....Ray Steffenson....Curt Peterson....Bob Wiltse....Jeff Hoppes....Mark Hintz.....Dennis Kecker (from the 27yd line)....Charlie Leavitt....Bob Smith...Scott Steffen

Now, there was still one pie, that huge Carmel Apple Pecan Crunch pie for the top score. There were 2 shooters that carded 49's. Jeff Hoppes from Del-Tone and Jiiimy Bowen from MGC. Jeff had run his 16's and had 24 in Handicap. Jimmy had 24 in 16's and ran his Handicap. That only means one thing....COIN FLIP!!!

So, here we go, with way too many people watching. Heads on the first flip means long run in the 16's, tails would be long run in Handicap. Up in the air the flipping coin goes, making about 20 revolutions, it lands in the hand and gets turned over to the back of the opposite hand, and its....HEADS!!! And Jeff goes home with the prize winning pie. This time. Nice shooting Jeff.

Thanks a lot to everyone who shot/showed up to make it a great event. Hope to see you at Del-Tone Sunday and MGC next Saturday.
    Mark on your calendar November 20th, Minneapolis Gun Club will be holding the annual MGC Turkey Shoot. Shoot a 25 straight, take home Thanksgiving Dinner.

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

wow too much caffeine possibly?

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

No, not to much caffine, it's the Pollack mentality at work. Poor Jimmy has always been a little touched and lately he has gotten worse. We try to humor him as much as possible. He does do better when we get him back to the home though.

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

WOW! This is a GOOD post, sounds like my kinda people (shooters) having FUN, wish I could be there just to watch because from the sounds of things I wouldn't stand a chance. A might far from Ga. though- grin-- Ross Puls

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you are going to hang around these guys, wear a "cup"

10. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, should be fun!

11. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

yard dogs

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just be sure and post the results of this North /South ass whuppin'.

13. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Hey Jimmy,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm heading down to the Mpls Gun Club tomorrow, Saturday, to shoot in your Jackpot Shoot. Wanna get practiced up and make sure you guys aren't up to any funny stuff for the following weekend at the 2011 Turkey Challenge. With 20 Turkeys on the line, (I mean the frozen ones in the package not the ones on the Trap Line), I believe everyone should have a great chance of taking something home to brag about. Just to bad most of the packaged ones will be going north and most the turkeys on the trap line will be going south.

On a serious side, myself and everyone at Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range would like to "Thank" all current and past Military Personnel for their Service to This Great Country!!!! We hope you all have a very special Veterans Day!!!!

Jeff

14. Ithaca$$$Grade

See you tomorrow Jeff.

And also, the Minneapolis Gun Club would like to thank those that are serving, have served, and for sure remember those brave men & women that have made the ultimate sacrifice, to keep us safe and make it so we can enjoy life in this great country, the USA.

Turkey Shoot Warm-up, tomorrow, MGC, 10:00 start time.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

The sun is out, the birds are singing, light winds and 55 degrees today.

C'mon out and "warm up" for the Turkey Jackpot. Saturday at Minneapolis Gun Club, Sunday at Del Tone Gun Club.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

16. Ithaca$$$Grade

Another very nice November day to be shooting. There were plenty of both North & South shooters in attendance "practicing" for next Saturday's Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot at MGC and Del Tone.

Click on the above website to see yesterdays results. Just click on the Shooting Activity's and Jackpot Trap.

Jimmy Bowen

17. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

GOOD vs EVIL

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

18. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

You know, I've seen a hat just like the one on the right on the head of Jimmy Bowen. Funny thing is, many would say the head it was on is harder then the oak table this one is sitting on.

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Pride... On some things you qualify for that quip too.

20. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

I've heard that it's not only harder than an oak tree, but hollow at the same time. Guess I now know what Jimmy's talking about when he brags about being multi-talented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.