1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HEY, JERBEAR Skeet shooting wizzard!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bores Rule, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

Hey Jerbear, remember the skeet shooting thread about a month back? I'm sure you do.

Subject: skeet shooting

Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2008 - 09:39 PM

I shoot my 391 trap with a skeet choke. League average is 24.

Jerbear

Well I called BS on that average, I'm sure you remember that too.

Subject: skeet shooting

Date: Tue, Feb 26, 2008 - 10:15 PM ET

BBR, come on over. The latest score sheet is up as of last Sunday and it's on

the back wall of the Skeet & Trap clubhouse. I will be there this Sunday, come

on out and we will shoot some birds. Maybe from the hip?

Jerbear

Well Jerbear, I sent my cousin over to check the league score sheet.

OK, here's the mighty Jerbear's winter Skeet league scores: 21,21,20,20,17(that should have been at least a 24, but with the wind and cold and all), 18 (could of been a 25, but the sun was in his eyes), 22 (WHOOHOO!!), 22 (on a ROLE), 20, 18 (dunno what the *%$# happened...someone other than him must have distracted the squad), 20, 20, 19 (the *&^%ing trapper was chewing gum and tapping his foot), 21, 22, and a 20.

321x400 = 20.0625 average.

It may be some of that fuzzy math, But where I come from 20 is a long way from 24. If your going to post the wrong averages make sure you won't get caught. Oh and nevermind that shooting from the hip, You need to work on the regular game.

BBR!!!!!!!!

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Well guess I better get the popcorn ready.

Jim

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Just another case of keyboard averages where the keyboard will always make you a much better shooter than what you really are, there are more than a few upon TS.com.

Jim - what kind of popcorn you going to get?

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

BBR ... he was supposed to get his skeet scores not his trap doubles scores.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Well at least the popcorn was good.

Jim

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

BBR...if you don't mind me asking, WHO is your cousin??

7. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

You wouldn't know him. He spends most of his time in south Detroit.He's a private investigator working for a fair sized law firm. I'd rather not put his name on a public forum. If you really want to know I'll send you a PM. No I'm not sending out dozens of PMs.

BBR.

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Jerbear is one of my favorites on TS.Com. His threads/responses are always interesting and he has helped many shooters with posting pictures, etc. If he did choose to embellish a story, I would guess he joins a good percentage of shooters on this site.

Booger

9. Tron

What do you mean by "South Detroit"? It sounds like you listened to too much Journey in the 80's. There is no such place...unless your cousin lives in the Detroit River.

Tron

10. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

Well Tron I'm not real familiar with the area, But it's somewhere south of Detroit and north of Monroe.

So Booger, Just because you think a person is helpful, That makes it ok to lie about stuff.

BBR.

11. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

BBR,

Most good trapshooting stories have a bit of untruth in them. That's what makes them good stories.

Booger

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jerbear, Hope all goes well with your kneww replacemanet!!! Don't worry well all be here when you get back. Break-em all. Jeff Targets that is, not Knee's.

13. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Those without sin can throw the first stone.

14. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

WHAT??

Let's see, You break a lot less, 321 actually, than 366.5 out of 400

Now you get a handicap, And they give you targets that you didn't break.

Then you want us to believe you have a 24 average???????????

A simple,believable explanation on how you can have a 24 average using targets YOU didn't break could get you in the clear.

BBR

15. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

BBR,

Why don't you give it a rest. Apparently, you're the only one having a problem with this. No one else cares.

16. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Obviously, BBR has never encountered "handicap" leagues, where scores are compared to 25, or some other norm, and then "birds" added to actual scores to even out the competition.

Most other amateur sports use handicaps, including golf and bowling. Why should shooting sports be different. If the league members agree to the rules, and Jerbear averages 24 with handicap, so what?

Hope the knee replacements go well. Get better fast. Looking forward to a few rounds with you at BGC.

Best,
    Dennis

17. Tron

Dennis, how do they figure those leagues? Why not just have A,B,C and D classes? I'm not sure that I get it....I mean, I've been in those "handicapped" leagues, but never paid any attention to it.

Anyone know??

Tron

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

Pat we just started doing ours the same way...

If you shoot a 50 and I shoot a 40 thats a 10 bird difference so I would get 7 birds or 70% of the difference added to my score.

So with the handicapping it is now 50 for you and 47 for me...such a deal...

I envision a huge logjam at the top with 2 decimals seperating the shooter scores...

and we have to use this for Skeet and 5 Stand also...

Too many complaints about the same 4 or 5 guys always winning A Class...

regards

19. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Tron, for my $.02 worth, handicaps don't really do much, unless you're having head-to-head competition. When you accumulate scores over the length of the season, handicap, since it's not 100%, don't really mean anything. The one who breaks the most targets will always win.

Golf and bowling do well, since they are generally based on weekly competition matches. When you're shooting for score, and don't have any points to win or lose, it's generally just a "feel good" thing.

Best,
    Dennis

20. Tron

OK Pat, "Head to head". Does that mean that there is NO handicap what-so-ever?? I assume that it does. That's much more interesting and I think that it's better for all of the shooters....it inspires shooters that are not all that good to BE better.

Tron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skeet shooting wizzard