1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hey Illinois Threaders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolared person, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

I thought of one good thing that might happen if Obama is elected. He may recruit Blago for a cabinet post and we will be rid of both of them!

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Lord help us.

Bo

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Now if we can get him to take a few more of the wackos down in Springfield we will have it made.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Ummm Mr. Specht...

Most of the wackos in Springpatch come from north of I-80. The name of the county rhymes with 'book' and is bordered on the east by Lake Michigan.

Kolared person - you might get a kick out of a headline in today's Springpatch Bugle: CORRUPTION CASE MAY NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR GOVERNOR - BLAGOJEVICH ALREADY SEEN AS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR

sissy

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Just a minute ago, I just heard Obama claim on a CNN soundbyte that Al-Quaeda didn't exist in Iraq until Bush and McCain invaded the country. So that must mean that if we had elected Al Gore in 2000, we wouldn't have a problem with Al-Quaeda. McCain should have thought of this before he (apparently) invaded Iraq.

When are we going to stop swooning every time Obama says something and actually start listening to what he's promising to do?

Obama is responsible for a rebirth of hope in America, all right. I sure hope we don't elect him.

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Hang em High,,

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Sissy
    I couldn't agree more, to much smog and way to many toll roads makes us all wakos! But don't worry it's working it's way south

8. saluki68

saluki68 TS Member

I grew up in Illinois in the Otto Kerner/Paul Powell era and thought going to jail after being Governor was the normal course of events!

9. Recoil Sissy

saluki68:

You left out Dan Walker, another paragon of virtue - not.

That small detail aside, exactly how would the crooked axxholes in office prior to Thompson and Edgar be different from the current crooked axxhole and his immediate crooked axxhole predecessor?

It isn't good enough that we're plagued with dipsh!t loser embarrassments like Durbin and Obama, 'somebody' keeps electing felons.

sissy

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

He wants to help the poor only not here , in the rest of the world. 800,000,000,000 (Billion) a year. Can you imagine what a tin horn dictator would do with a couple of million?

11. Recoil Sissy

Zara:

For purposes of this discussion, I limited the definition of 'crooked axxhole' to governors convicted of offences committed in office and who spent time in the slammer as a result. Thompson may qualify by other definitions but any sins he committed in office never resulted in charges or prosecution.

Paul Powell, a non-governor mentioned by saluki68 above, was arguably one of the most interesting characters. To the best of my knowledge, the authorities never determined the origin (legal or otherwise) of the $800k in cash found stashed in shoeboxes and hidden in his closet. You may recall that posthumous discovery raised a few eyebrows as eight hundred grand was real money 40 years ago.

Perhaps equally interesting was the fact Powell's total estate at death was over three million. Not bad for a lifelong public servant who's annual salary never exceeded $30k. Of course, the racetrack stock was a significant chunk. I was only a teen at the time, but as I understand it, his acquistion of the racetrack stock worked something like Hillary's famous foray into beef futures only orders of magniture more lucrative and done forty odd years earlier. Gosh, maybe that's where Hill got the idea. She was an Il. teenager at the time too!

And Zara, if I were trying to stir the pot I might point out that Powell's birthplace was Vienna, IL. That's as far from Chicago as one can be without leaving the state. However, his political party and ethics were more typical of... well, you know. : )

sissy

12. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

"The Boys From Illinois" make Huey P. Long look like an amatuer......Roger

13. Recoil Sissy

Roger, its spelled I L L I N O I S and Huey (as in Huey P. Long) is spelled
    H U E Y. By any reasonable definition, Huey aka Kingfish, was in a league of his own. He may have been a scoundrel but he was a colorful and entertaining scoundrel. Besides, anybody crazy about strippers couldn't be all bad. : )

He obviously isn't a governor but U. S. Representative William J. Jefferson (D) is a better Louisiana comparison. Jefferson represents New Orleans and you may remember him getting busted with $90k in bribery cash hidden in his freezer. Much like some of Illinois' worst rotters, Jefferson is a morally bankrupt common thief devoid of decency and class.

sissy

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

All this time I thought Al Capone was history.

Bo

15. Woodyard

Woodyard TS Member

If Blago is convicted of something or appointed to a cabinet post in an Obama administration, it means that loon Pat Quinn would become governor. If Quinn is governor and Obama is president, Quinn would appoint somebody to fill Obama's vacant Senate seat. One scenario has him appointing Lisa Madigan, current attorney general and another product of the Chicago machine. That woould prevent Lisa, who wants to be governor, from running against Quinn. Only in Illinois! Great reason to vote for McCain, however.

16. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Sissy, I am coming to Jacksonville and take all your money at the sportsmens club............LOL.......Roger

17. Recoil Sissy

Woodyard:

Assuming Blagojevich is indicted, there is little chance of a successful prosecution until his term is over - if at all.

In the scary event Obama is elected prez, there is virtually no chance of Blagojevich being appointed to anything unless 'baffoon' becomes a cabinet level office.

A strong arguement can be made that Lt. Gov. Quinn is the dumbest a human can be without being legally declared a mental defective.

For the benefit of those unfamiliar with Illinois politics, Lisa Madigan is the current Attorney General. Her father is Speaker of the (Illinois) House, Michael Madigan. He has been a member of the Illinois House continuously since 1970 (nearly 38 years) serving as Speaker 23 of the last 25 years.

Woodyard - Your description of Ms. Madigan as "another product of the Chicago machine" is an accurate statement on both a literal and figurative level. Whether you intended it to be or not, as Larry the Cable Guy would say, "that's funny right there, I don't care who you are".

sissy

18. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

recoil sissy you are like tony montana, there is no lying in you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.