1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HEY HAUXFAN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

hauxfan i will publicly apolgize for my nasty comments about the hawkeyes home town and the big ten right now SORRY. i had a lousy weekend shooting. a freakin 77 handicap score is enough to make anyone mad. i have no room to talk as my psyclones(your spelling which i will use until they win a game as self imposed punishment)look to be very uninspired according to my 2 older sons who went to the game. same conservative play calling but with no enthusiasm will make for a long season. i watched part of the first half of the hawks game and wasn't real impressed there either but at least they won.once again sorry and go pscyclones and hawkeyes. jackmitch.
    ps if the hawkeyes screw up it will be the pscyclones and chokeyes. had to throw that in.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Not to worry, Jack........It's just banter between two rival school's fan, and I for one, never take it personal. Hope you don't either.

After you guys got rid of Mac, I thought maybe this new guy might be better, but so far he hasn't shown it.

UNI is coming to Ames this coming weekend, and your team better be up for them, as they have a pretty decent team. And there is nothing they'd like better than to come to Ames and kick butt.

Iowa plays Syracuse, but I don't think it will be as tough as it was last year. They lost at home last week.

As for shooting a 77 in handicap, don't worry about it. Get back out there and try again. You can do better.........Mikk

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Don't be too hard on the clones as they will need a few years to jell. I hope they win them all but one every year. GO HAWKS1111

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

tripod i'm the same in reverse. haux i had a lot of other things going on and i think that probably wore on me too. but 77 sucks, the weather was nice ,a little hot with a light breeze from behide with very little affect on targets. i think i was thinking too much. my niece got married saturday, sunday we started moving my father-in-law to an assisted living facility after i got through shooting. monday we finished and he moved in today. he's not a very happy camper and has made life miserable for my wife for the last 6 months.so i'm using all that for my excuse for sucking. GO PSCLONES AND HAWKEYES!!!!

5. Hauxfan

Jack, that is probably a very big change for your Father-in-law and it might take him some time to get used to it. Good luck to him.

You'll bounce back, Jack. We've all done it at one time or the other.

Good luck! Well, not to the Psyclones, I mean to you! lol lol

Hauxfan!

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

haux listening to who radio on the way home from work they had a lot of good things to say about your qb and how he didn't loose his cool when people were dropping passes lefy and right. so it looks good for the hawks. not heard anything good about meyers this week, uninspired is about the best i've heard. going to church sunday to say a prayer for the old pscyclones. you are right about my father-in-law. mother- in-law passed away in march and he stopped caring about life. doesn't take meds properly blah, blah, blah. yells at my wife all the time. hopefully they will get his meds under control and he will calm down a little. jackmitch

7. Hauxfan

Jack, having lost my wife last November, I know some of what your Father-in-law is going through.

It's a hell of a deal to lose your life mate. We all know someone who has, but I'm here to tell you, that you don't really know the ramifications until you've lost yours. (Heaven forbid)

It is mind rendering to say the least..............and then to be moved out of his home too. I can't imagine what he is going through.

Your Psyclones play UNI this week, and I do believe that those Panthers are smelling blood in the water. They know the Psyclones laid an egg last week, and are more than likely vulnerable to another whipping this week. Some thing that they would like to do.

Iowa plays Syracuse on that Big10 network, and so I won't be watching the game as Dish TV doesn't carry it yet. Oh well, I listened to my Hawks back in the 40s on the radio and I can do it again if I have to.

Take care.........Hauxfan!

8. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

haux psyclones for along times from looks of things. father-inlaw is doing a little better but still a little cranky. i didn'tmention it but he also lost his license a while back too. 3 wrecks in a about a month. had to take the written and driving test, somehow managed to pass the written but failed the driving test twice and that was it no more license ever. he is almost 82. i hope i don't become a problem for my children when i get old. most the men on my side of the family don't make it out of their 60s accept for the ones i don't care for. on a lighter note at least your hawks looked good this week. i hope they overlook the psyclones and it's not a massacre. jack

9. Hauxfan

Overlook the Psyclones...........Not a chance.

It doesn't look like they have much of a chance after losing to those Panthers and Kent St. Hopefully, it won't be to lop sided. After all, I do like a good game..........as long as my Hawks win...

Hopefully, your father-in-law will come to terms with what is going on in his life right now. I know it can't be easy for him.

I pity my kids when the time comes for them to take care of me......I can only hope I understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Hauxfan!

10. Hauxfan

MIA, I hear you.

Life goes on, even though it may be difficult at times.

Hauxfan!

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks guys i appreciate the thoughts. as far as taking him shooting he has less than good eye sight and a bad right shoulder. otherwise i woulf take him. i have 2 of his trap guns in my gunsafe. i just found a winchester 1200 trap in his closet sunday when we were moving him. i didn't even know he had one. it looks very good but i can't imagine it's worth much as i know htey were a cheaper dumbed down version of a model 12. i have a 1200 field gun that is a piece of crap. i started trap shooting several years after he quit. also found several trophies he won in the johndeere trap league back in the early 70s so i know he was a good shooter. i take him to the club on friday nights when he's in good humor, as he likes to watch me miss targets.jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.