1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HEY ChipKing Look At What I Have. HE HE HE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Just bought these today. Won't cook them till fall. Sorry. Just wanted to give you something to look forward to.

[​IMG]

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Man oh man I can hardly wait. My cardiologist just called he has already started picking out the interior for the new car to be delivered sometime this fall. Do you think he is trying to tell me something? ;o)

--- Chip King ---

3. Auctioneer

I went to all the stores today and found prices per pound from 1.99 to 3.49. Both high and low prices were from the same chain stores. Neither store had the same price. Believe me I would love to cook them up today but I will have to wait till fall.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey Chip and "going once".... Tell us about "country ham" and the story behind cooking it in the fall.

5. trapster100

trapster100 Member

It looks like you'll need a bigger toaster oven.

6. Auctioneer

I'm not suppose to be eating things that are to salty now adays. High blood pressure. How ever I only get good country ham once a year. Sorry Doc but I will have my ham. Last year in Nov I cooked up 2 country hams in our copper boiler. Sliced it on our meat slicer to a good thickness. The host at a ATA shoot made biscuits for the ham for lunch. The shoot was almost over and Chip asked if he could get some more ham before he left the club. She said he could. Chip got two slices of bread and then grabbed 4 sliced of ham. LOL. When I saw him walking out of the club house he had a smile from ear to ear as he took a bite out of the sandwich. He was one happy man. LOL. The next shoot he almost cried because all the ham was gone. Sorry Chip but your going to have to wait till next fall.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

From my side of the coin. I grew up in farm country in the Shenandoah valley of Virginia in the 50's. One of the staples in our diet was country ham (real hung and cured country ham)not the stuff most places try and pass off as country ham now days. You want to try GOOD eating have some Country Ham and Cabbage. You'll never go back to corned beef. ANYWAY Since my first heart attack in 97 and the Stints that has been one of the items on the Verboten list which was OK because no body in Northern Va understands what real country ham is anyway. When Auctioneer fixed the ham up for the shoot I figured What the heck I'll give it a try. OH MY real country ham on homemade biscuits. It was like I was a kid again. So knowing that it may be years before I did it again I snagged some for the ride home. And I am looking forward to this fall for my next trip down memory lane.

--- Chip King ---

8. Auctioneer

I agree with you CHip. Most people think that country ham comes out of a CAN. YES A CAN. I feel so sorry for those people. The real country food is fading away. I will have some for you either Nov or Dec shoot. When ever I can cook it up.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

You guys story reminds me of my drive back south after staying up on Long Island for a year and a half. We were on our way down and driving non-stop. It was about 4:00 in the morning in North Carolina and I was following a trackor trailer in the middle of nowhere and he pulls off on a exit with nothing around. So we follow the rig about 2-3 miles down the road to a local dinner. It was the first time I was introduced to salt cured country ham. The timing was perfect as we both had nothing buy lousy fast food the whole way down. I still remember that meal to this day. Now you guys got me thinking about it. Now just where is this shoot this fall??? Break-em all. Jeff

10. Pull & Mark

Thanks Rick, but still no help to me. They are out of stock. DARN, DARN, DARN. Must be God's way of saying NO. Break-em all. Jeff

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Hey Jeff come join us. The shoot is at Piedmont Sportsmans Club just outside Gordonsville Va. They shoot Oct - May because Andrea supports all the State events during the summer and early fall. I'll make sure and remind Auctioneer about posting a "country ham shoot date" But I'm here to tell you that all the home cooked meals that Andrea has at any of her shoots are knock your socks off good. Y'all come and shoot with us any time. Shoot dates are posted on the VATRAP website.

--- Chip King ---

12. Pull & Mark

Chip King, Thank You very much for the invite. I just did a map quest to your club and found out It goes right by that dinner off I-95 in N. Carolina. LMAO. Now Kidding aside your club is over 965 miles away from me, and its over a 15 hour drive. Now I love good food, but I think that's abit far. Although I would love to shoot at not only your club but many others who post here as well. I like the warm friendly people you meet at the small to medium size clubs. Lots of good people to meet and break bread with. Theres a number of people on this site I'd love to meet as well. I hope to see many of you next winter at the Southern Grand. Break-em all. Jeff

13. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'll trade you a 8lb Taylors Ham Pork roll and some Schichaus hot dogs for one of those... All the good one are sold out..

Doug

14. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Gentlemen,

Here's a Tennessee secret - If you're looking for an old fashion country ham, you might want to order one from Rice's.

http://www.ricescountryhams.com/index.html

TNCoach

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Y'all have that Ham shoot...........,and you can bet your boots I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!! Sure could have used one(or three)of those sandwiches at Winchester last Sunday.

D.P.Reynolds

16. Auctioneer

Hey Chip, just to warn you, if all these people come there will be less ham for you.

17. chipking

chipking TS Member

oskarspap12 we sure could have. Don't get me wrong their food was good but if they had added a country ham biscuit to the menu it would have been even better. I enjoyed squadding with Osker for the handicaps. He shoots that CG very well.

Auctioneer NOT If I get there first. Always remember Old Age and deviousness will always triumph over youth and energy.

--- Chip King ---

18. oskerspap12

Howdy Mr. King,

Y'all going to Thurmont this morning? Maybe there will be something good(like country ham)to chow on.
    Hope to see y'all there..........
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

19. chipking

chipking TS Member

Can't today Grandaddy duty. 8th birthday party for my granddaughter.

--- Chip King ---

20. oskerspap12

Enjoy the party Mr. King..........those grand kids are truly special!

D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.