1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hey buzzy, cheer me up

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just been looking at the latest polls. They got Ojacka** ahead. He is ahead in Ohio, buzzgun's home state. Tell me buzzy I don't have to worry - and that the Buckeye state is going to go Romney.

Lie if you have too, make me feel better, till November 7th anyway.

Iowa?? What's up with that state? Everytime you look on the news Ojack and Romeny are in that state. I know Harkin is their Senator, but why are they in play? Not many large urban sections. Just a lot of farmers used to getting government checks????

Just feeling depressed. Still can't for the life of me figure out why anybody could vote Democratic. I can see voting Republican, Libertarin, Communist, but not.....................

Ah hell, I'm going to go get another beer. I gotta get used to drinking for the next few years.

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Bisi,

I'm getting depressed, too. The media is everywhere for Oblama. I was just surfing my AOL Welcome page and I ran across a story about how a Police Officer in the Obama Motorcade in Florida had been struck and killed by a driver in a Ford F-150 pickup truck. I clicked on the article because I felt bad for the Officer's family and instead of telling about the death of one of Florida's finest, the Huffpost had a gallery of 1-45 of Obama's most "iconic" photos. They actually used the death of a Policeman to pump up our piece-of-$hit president.

I want our guys to ATTACK. I want hair, teeth and eyeballs all over the concrete. If they're keeping their powder dry, that's fine...for them...but for me, I want RED FREEKIN' MEAT, AND I WANT IT NOW.

Can I get an AMEN?

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I did not hear about the death of the motorcycle officer until after late in the evening and I completley missed it in the post above mine.

Unfortunate and sad, but he did die in the line of duty, protecting out President.

Too bad the current President is not a leader.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

WS-1, AMEN!

5. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Bisi,

AMEN!!!

Ahhhh.... RED MEAT!!!!!!

Chuck

6. Rick Barker

Not sure if the malaise is as bad this time as it was during Carter.

I am not as anxious as I was in the late 70's, in fact I seem more conditioned to accept it.

Guess I am getting old.

If Obama does get re-elected, I I am going to join the crowd and hold my hand out for as much as I can get.

I don't want to, but I will have to accept the true meaning of being a United States citizen is no longer important to those who outnumber me.

I still think we are being ruled by a minority, when only 20-21 percent of the people admit to being Liberal and 40 percent conservative with the remaining declaring themselves as moderates, but I can only think that our generations since WWII have to learn a hard life lesson.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

"NEVER,

NEVER,

NEVER

GIVE UP!"

Prime Minister Winston Churchill
    during a visit to Harrow School
    October 29, 1941

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Both of the candidates have mede their points regardless if you like what they said or not.

the next thing to watch is the debates. If Romney trumps Obama, we will likely be in a tie or just ahead. The Ryan-Biden debate is a given for the repubs.

Silly of me to say this, but if the repubs turn out as I think they will, Ohio's electoral votes will decide the winner. Actually, I think Romney will win by a fair margin.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Iowa is considered a swing state. One reason why we are getting bombarded with political ads and visits.

Bisi, farmers may be a demeaning ocupation to you but tell a farmer that to his face while you have a belly full of food. Not all farmers are sitting on the porch waiting for the mailman.

10. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Ubummer has this surge only because of the convention. It will dissipate in time. Keep the faith.

LA in MA

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I think he got a surge in the Gallup poll because the DOJ is suing them after Axlerod chewed their ass about the way they surveyed, they can't stand the truth

12. Rick Barker

I don't believe in or teust polls.

I am just stumped why Obama got elected at all.

It was clear to, people were not paying attention.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If we get another new jobs report of 90,000 or less, and gas stays around $4 a gallon or more, it would help.

I'm willing to pay $4/gal. if it help oust MaoBama and his Czars.

I am always surprised how many uneducated, kool aid drinkers are still out there. They forget Pelosi stating that the Repubs were allowing gas prices to sky rocket and GW "controlled" the oil back in the day.

Now who's in control.....must be his fault?

I'm preaching to the choir again.

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, Biss, it ain't been easy for me to stay cheered up, either...but I'll tell you what I think.

This whole race has been about STAYING CLOSE. And Romney has done that. He has stayed close, and kept himself in Obama's draft, within striking distance for a sprint to the finish. He didn't do anything dumb to knock himself out on the second lap. He's timed his pits about right...he knows he has fuel, and good tires...but he will have to lay them down just perfect, at the right time, to have a shot. He's given himself a chance...which is about all we can expect in this scenario.

The bad news is, the Electoral Map favors democrats. Ragamuffin has Obama up five in likely-voter national numbers, immediately post-convention...which doesn't always mean much. This race is down to about 7 states, and much of the lead you see Obama racking up in the national polls is just running up the score in states with large populations where he's already way ahead, anyway. The same polling firms still have Romney within 1 point in the 7 swing states, which is within polling margin and is where this thing will be decided. All the money will go there now.

The good news? Obama is well behind among Independents - and the pollsters are under-polling them (they've smoked the Obama team's Kool Aid in believing these people just won't vote). The O team has been hammering Bain ads all summer long, in swing states, and it's had about as much effect as it's going to have. Romney's probably got Florida and NC in the bag. Romney has been consistently even or ahead in Iowa. It appears he's the same in Wisconsin, since the Ryan appointment. The Akin thing has hurt him in Missouri, but there is a lot of time for people to forget that, and this state was trending ever-so-pinkishly Romney before that happened. Colorado is even and who the hell knows...it's single-digit electoral votes just like Iowa.

So in my opinion, it's down to Virginia and Ohio. 13 EV and 18 Electoral Votes, respectively. If Romney loses one state with more than 10 EV among those seven battlegrounds, he has to pretty much run the table on the rest of them. So Ohio and Virginia are crucial. I'd like to say my home state of Ohio has learned its lesson...but there's shades of Michigan there, with all those Big 3 factory towns and whiny, wimpy, weak-ass union entitlement-minded people who have been sitting there with their thumbs up their asses since their factory went away. These people are not out building particle colliders or producing "green energy," if you get my drift. The only reason some of them are staying "undecided" is Obama hasn't yet paid off their house like he "promised," and they have a child-like wonder that maybe, just maybe, in order to get their vote, that big-hearted Massachusetts republican guy might possibly offer them a totally-new handout or goodie they haven't heard of before, and like a kid on Christmas morning, they're waiting to see what it is ("Hey, it could happen"...these people don't read party platforms, and we're not talking about rocket designers here).

With the numbers the way they are, it would be the most surprising election in modern history if Romney wins. If it does happen, I suspect it will be one where Obama wins the popular vote, but Romney squeaks by in the Electoral College. My brain says it will not happen...but my brain has not seen everything there is to see yet, either. My hope is, there's a lot of people who want to stay "open-minded" right now, but once in the voting booth, will say "fuggit" and vote their pain. Barring any debacle in the debates, there could be a reservoir of anti-Obama-economy resentment hiding out there that totally engulfs the libs on election day.

The real danger now is the debates. Most people will not watch them, and the media know this. So look for the predictable media-spin about how Romney "failed to seal the deal." How Romney "needed to score a knockout punch, and no knockout occurred - so this one goes to the President by default." These are all things they will say as sure as I'm sitting here - bet on it. The truth is, Obama is the one with the record to defend, and he's the one who needs to answer why he should get a second chance. But it will not be analyzed in that way, so get used to it. Get ready for the predictable "Romney needed to score a knockout - and he didn't" narrative (which lowers expectations for the President, and puts all the burden on Romney).

15. Mapper

Mapper Member

One big AMEN for WS-1. I too do not understand why this thing isn't a slam runaway.

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

That was suppose to cheer me up buzzy? I said you could lie. Just tell me I don't have anything to worry about and to go back to eating my Frosted Flakes and reading the sports section in the morning.

The debates? I wish to hell they would have a real debate. I wonder who is going to "moderate" these debates? Some "unbias" clown from NBC, or MSNBC? Brokaw, Brian Williams, Andrea Mitchell??????? There will be question after question on abortion, the war on women, why Romney kicks his dog every day, why Romney wants to starve kids, why does he trip crippled kids, ad nauseum..........

If we can't beat Obama this time, we will ever be able to beat anyone again?

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bisi. The good news is that Dick Morris says (correctly, I think) that if Obama wins a second term the dems will never win another election in the next 100 years. The bad news is that we will have past the rubicon for getting our fiscal house in order and subservience to China is what we will look fwd to

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

MIA, I guess that can be taken as good news. I don't believe it though. Look at Detroit, and other hell hole cities, they still vote Democrat no matter what. No matter how bad Ojackass is the next 4 years, a majority of this country will still line up and vote Democrap 2016. The 4 big electoral college states are: CA, NY,FL,TX. CA and NY are lost to the Repubs with no chance of ever winning those states. And FL? Thanks to the foul mouth ill mannered Yankee trash from the Northeast moving south that state is now a swing state that is leaning Dem. Texas? How long will they remain Rep, with the Hispanic invasion showing no signs of slowing?

And look what CA has did to Nevada. They flee CA, settle in Nevada, AZ, NM, ID, etc... but vote the same damn way they did in CA. Take "The Strip" away from Vegas and what do you have? LA without the good parts. Razor wire around all the businesses, gang graffiti on all the walls............

Dam, I'm making myself depressed.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Buzzy and others say the fate of this country will rest with the people of Cleveland, and Toledo!! God help us!

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

You can't count on Toledo and Cleveland (or Dayton, goodness knows). But Columbus and Cincinnati are a different matter. You just have to hope the pitchfork rural people have their heads out of their asses and their eyes on the rabbit.

And no, the "loaded" questions for Romney won't be about abortion, war on women, crippled kids, etc. It will be about tax increases. The beeoch will attempt to get Romney to agree that they are needed. "Mr. Romney, do you seriously believe the budget can be balanced without significant tax increases?"

("Sure, beeoch...just let these 1.2 Trillion in automatic cuts roll right on in...then cut another Trillion just for good measure. But don't worry, amazon mama; we'll take it all out of social programs.")

Sorry, got carried away; that last line will never happen. But we can always try, can't we? (Engineer a bad enough train wreck, and who knows what good might happen by accident. That's why I'm voting Murdoch :)).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.