1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

He's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AJ100, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I was watching the Outdoor channel yesterday and to my surprise I see that Zumbo is back on TV. Please tell me this was a re-run and that somebody did not hire the idiot. For all of you that think because he said he was sorry he should be given another chance. SCREW ZUMBO...He's made enough money from the articles and shows he has done. Let him live off of that. He can always mooch off the same people that gave him the freebie hunts and gear.

Another note, how ironic that he was talking to one of the head honchos from Remington when he said he saw no reason for the AR15 style weapons and low and behold, Remington comes out with the very weapon that Zumbo was badmouthing.

"I carry because bad things happen in seconds, and the police are only minutes away"

AJ100

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I've talked with him several times! Never liked him! When you say "Back".....what did he do?....didn't know he had been away!

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

So who is Zumbo!!

I have haeard of Dumbo the flying Elephant before are they related.

foggy

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Remember a guy name Marv Albert. Basketball announcer. Sexual assault charges with lots of press about wearing woman's underwear and such. He plead guilty. Fired from the networks. Never work again. Well, that lasted bout a year. He now announces all season and post season. We all move on. Jake

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I will boyott any product Jim Dumbo is the official spokesman for. We don't need Quislings like him providing anti-gun sound bites to Sarah Brady. If he's actually back on the air, I'd sure like a list of his sponsers.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Jake there is a difference in the case of Marv Albert the affects of what he did had no affect on the future of Basketball ( His professional affiliation) Not however in the case of Zumbo his comments/actions directly have a negative affect on guns and hunting (His professional affiliation) to the tone that if the right politician at the correct time were to use his uneducated and uncalled for comments to strengthen a anti gun bill/movement. Those uncalled for comments could be used to farther trash our second amendment right. As far as I am concerned when we move on we should cut loose our excess baggage as in Mr. Zumbo. Just My opinion

Bob Lawless

7. Brian in Oregon

Could be used? Hell, Sarah Brady and the media latched onto it like a pitbull on a bone!

8. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

You are correct jake. Some of the people on HERE should move on. Move on to a site that really doesn't care about the 2nd Amendment. Oh, wellllll, let by gones be by gones. Can't we all can just get along? It really doesn't matter, I shoot a trapgun, they won't stop me from doing what I want. Jim is an OK guy, he just made a little mistake.

Little mistake. Like being a LITTLE pregnant. SCREW ZUMBO!!!!!!

Brian, I am going on line to see who sponsers the show. First thing I thought of when I saw him on the air.

AJ100

9. GRR

GRR TS Member

BIGDON

Remember don't let these ANTIGUNERS get their foot in the door. If your a high profile hunting show host,you must watch your mouth. It has nothing to do with free speech. It's being STUPID, if you give ANTIGUNNERS ammo they will shoot it back. Statements Zumbo made is like giving Osoma explosives, they will use it against us.

Free speech and stupidity is a fine line.......

Gary

10. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Fact: The AR-15 is a hunting rifle. Big-time. Coyotes mostly. Another fact: hunting has nothing whatsoever to do with the freedom and right to own a firearm of choice. Remington 1100 or AR-15 or Ruger 10-22, no matter their color, any 10-year-old can tell you there's no difference. No gun owner with any self-repect or any concern for the future of gun ownership in America has any "right" to publicly badmouth other peoples' right to own any gun of choice, in the current climate where anti-gunners are trying to get all guns outlawed one type at a time. We are all together in this cesspool created by anti-gunners (good vs bad guns, useful vs unnecessary guns, responsible vs irresponsible guns,) and it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. Like with terrorists, it's there and we're involved. A gun owner who would tell anti-gunners that an AR-15 is "bad" is opting out of civilized society. Phil E

11. smartass

smartass TS Member

There are pretty guns and ugly guns. The pretty ones should be allowed and the ugly ones banned. End of story.

12. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

BIGDON.....You are 100% right when you say that everyone has a right to express their opinion. And you are also VERY, VERY correct when you state that we should ALL thank the US military for protecting our right to express our opinions openly and without fear of prosecution.

HOWEVER, when said person expresses his/her own, personal opinion about something, they should be prepared to accept ALL consequences attached there to. In the case of Zumbo, HE GOT HIS.

The Bayrat
    POC, TX

13. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

don, you are an ass. Scott

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Don ... you are correct and I agree with you on your feelings in regards to an AR-15.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BIGDON you are correct he has the right to express his opinion just like everyone else in this country. The problem is when he does it on national TV broadcasts he is stepping out of the same as everyone else class. He is using his Celebrity status to take an advantage that others don't have access to so as far as I am concerned if he is going to abuse his status than he should be kept off of TV. Let him give his opinion like everyone else on the street Connor or on websites like TS.com at least his opinions get the same exposure as yours and mine. That is my opinion and as you said I have a right to express it just as you do. Come to think of it I just did.

Bob Lawless

16. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

From Zumbo's website...

On July 3, 2007 my TV show went back on the air, and some sponsors began coming back. Over the last few years I've been focusing on wounded soldiers who suffered severe injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan, taking them on all-expense paid hunting trips. I'm doing that even more so now, with several hunts with our military heroes last year, this year, and many more planned in the future.

PG

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Scott your opinion. Your right probably bought and paid for by someone else.

Don

18. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

don, thats right my opinion. Scott

19. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"By the way I don't think that the AR-15 is a hunting gun either so I guess that makes me bad too."

Nope, just makes you un'informed and ignorant of what the AR platform can do. No big deal, you are not the only "gun owner" that doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to the "black rifle". zumbo didn't know either. If they wanted to take away your trap gun, you would be asking us all to help stop them.

BTW, bigdon, you better go back and read what zumbo said about the AR15 before you stick up for the moron. He said a lot more than "it's not a hunting gun."

AJ100

20. Brian in Oregon

Not only is Big Don uninformed and ignorant of the AR15, but he's also uninformed and ignorant that his position empowers Sarah Brady and undermines his fellow gunowners, as well as the NRA. And apparently he's totally ignorant that the anti-gunners do not consider anything other than a single shot .410 to be a suitable shotgun for hunting. And, Big Don is also uninformed and ignorant that while Jim Dumbo has the right of free speech, the rest of us also have the right to boycott him and his sponsors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.