1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Herters Shotgun Primer Load Data?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Aug 17, 2013.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I called Hodgdon once and they were real nice on the phone. That may be a way for you to get some old recipes.

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Used to load with those.Wow,that was years ago.We used either Red Dot or Unique.40 some years ago.I`m thinking load them just like you would a Winchester 209.Let us know what you find out.

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I always thought that they were the same as the old ALCAN/220 primers that we used to shoot years ago.
    My guess is that they were the first Eurotrash primers sold in the US and would not be surprised if they were Cheddite primers.
    I had some not too long ago but sold them to another shooter who wanted them for his collection. I wish that I had measured them with a caliper to compare with any of the Eurotrash brands.

I would load them with any target load data and shoot them unless you find someone like I did who wants to trade new primers for some old Herters.

4. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

They are weak compared to anything else. Use a fast powder like Red Dot or Clays and they work fine in warm weather. I had 2k that i shot up. Jw

Search tags for this page

what primers does herters shotgun use