1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Herters Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acorange, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

A very frugal friend of mine bought some old reloading stuff at auction and included was approx. 500 Herters primers.
    Some are marked 209, some H209, some HWW209. Some of them have a white paper flash hole and some of them have a clear laquer covering the flash hole.
    They "look like" Fed. 209 primers and knowing that Herters was also in Minn.
    I don't doubt that is who made them.
    The cards have the old "woodgrain" look of Herters item packaging.
    I have some old reloading manuals but don't have any info on reloading with Heters primers.

Any info on who might have made them, loading data etc... would be appreciated.
    But this guy is SO cheap I know that these primers will be used regardless.

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've got reloading manuals from the early sixties that list only two kinds of primers. The Remington 57 Star, and #209. IMHO, I would not use them. Wayne

[​IMG]

3. rem725

rem725 TS Member

Pictures of Herters primers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

They work fine I still have some they were made by alcan but some could have been by federal the pic looks to be federal by the rounded primer and gold /brass color. They are a little hotter for hunting loads so drop a bout 2gr powder for light loads

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Brings back memories.

6. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I loved the old Herter's catalogs. Everything they sold was "best ever".
    They even had their own handgun cartidge that had less recoil than a .357 with more power than a .44 Mag.

Their "Model Perfect" primers seem to be just as great as the rest of their guaranteed best quality merchandise.

Whoever they employed to write their ads must had been a either a character or really FOS.

On a money bet, they will probably all function fine, but shooting the first one would cause more anxienty than $15.00 is worth to me.

7. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

acorange, you have a pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
herters h209 primers

herters 209 primers

herters perfect 209 primers

herters perfect primers

what do the old herters 209 primers compare to
what primers does herters use