1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Herter's New Target Shotgun Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Go Fish, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Herter

Just got an add from Cabela's. They are selling "New Herter's Select Target Shotgun Shells 1oz - 7-1/2" for $62.99 per flat. Has anyone uses these shells or are they new to the market place? Never heard of these shells before.

Ed
    Racine, WI

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I just looked and they are advertised as $59.99/case.

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Made in Italy or Spain aren't they?

Steve

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yugoslavia

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

They aren't Model Perfect French Canadian? They must be counterfeit Herter's!

Neil

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

lessalabountantroulett (sic)!!!!

7. Whortle

Whortle Member

Herter

Web page says loaded in Italy.

"Herter’s Field and Target shotshells are loaded in Italy to the highest standards in consistency and reliability. Whether you are headed to the range or looking for the perfect load to take to field in search of dove or quail, these loads utilize high-quality powders, shot and hulls to bring you performance you demand at a price you can afford. 25 rounds per box, 10 boxes per case."

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If they're made in Italy, is it possible they are made by the same outfit that loaded Perazzi ammo about 20 years ago? The Perazzi stuff kicked like a mule. Larry

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

"Herter’s Field and Target shotshells are loaded in Italy to the highest standards in consistency and reliability. Whether you are headed to the range or looking for the perfect load to take to field in search of dove or quail, these loads utilize high-quality powders, shot and hulls to bring you performance you demand at a price you can afford. 25 rounds per box, 10 boxes per case."

Boy! They've really toned it down in the laudatory description department, these days! In the old days that paragraph would have taken a full page of superlatives, explaining how you'd be sorry if you used anything else. I still have one of their wonderful catalogues salted away, somewhere. I must admit, however, to being persuaded to order out some of their less than stellar performers. ..grin

best.....mike

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

I went to the new Cabelas in Union Gap the first day the sale was on. They had none of the shells in stock. I asked when they would get some and the counter guy did not know.

11. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I bought two flats of the 1 1/8oz loads for practice when Cabelas first started selling them.
    Could quite possibly be the worse patterning shells I ever shot? I gave up on them after shooting my lowest practice scores ever since starting trap shooting.
    Took a couple weeks to re-gain my confidence back and return to my former self using my regular brand of shells. May have just been a slump or mental issue causing my low scores, but why ad another complication to shooting. (I still have one flat remaining).

Domenic

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Now I can finally shoot my "Model Perfect" Herter's Trap gun again!

Ajax

13. rdf59

rdf59 Member

These shells are the same shells that were used by Jacques Herter when he went into the deepest, darkest jungle of all Africa with a Sultan from Morocco to hunt the Triple Winged Karomorrow. You only had one shot to bring them down or they would fly straight for you and spear you with their golden beak. People who were using other shells did not return from those hunting trips, but Jacques went several times a year assured by the fact he was using his special designed Herter's shells.

Princes, Sultans and even minor Kings used them and would send Jacques feathers from the birds that are in Jacques' library with his other trophies and Bull Moose Cook Books.

You probably can find Jacques' recipes on the internet under bs

14. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

rdf59 you've found my old catalogue... + you owe me a new keyboard...

15. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Cabelas has taken a nose dive over the last few years. Their quatity has dropped off. House brand junk. And they sell factory seconds, Okuma fishing reels are the factory seconds in my opinion. Never buy one there again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
herter shotgun shells
herters shotgun ammo
herters shotgun ammo review
herters shotgun shell reviews

herters shotgun shells

herters shotgun shells review
herters shotgun shells reviews
herters shotshells