1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hershey York Mints Made In Mexico

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I can't stand it. What's wrong with this country? How can they increase jobs with companies going out of the country. Yea, i just ate one and i'm sick.

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

SHEN ZHEN WAN HAO DA INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD. is a professional Mint candy manufacturer and exporter in China. We are specializing in Mint candy ,Twinkle lollipop and so on. These products are been delivered to Europe, United States, Asia, the Middle East, Russia, Africa etc. countries. We are expanding more cooperation partners all over the world.

Coulda been worse.

3. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Pretty soon all Hershey Products will be made outside of the US. Like many other companies as long as there are no Duties or Taxes on Imported goods, why should they pay anyone here in the US a living wage plus medical, dental, retirement etc...?

Companies who move their manufacturing to Mexico (or any low wage country) can simply pay $9.00-$10.00 per day to Mexican workers and they don't have to pay social security, unemployment insurance, they don't have to pay retirement or contribute to a 401k and they certainly don't have to pay medical, dental or any other medical coverage or anything else. They just pay $9.00 to $10.00 per day and the better companies provide lunch.

Further Our Government thinks that jobs at Wal*Mart are fine to replace manufacturing jobs. They don't care that minimum wage and weak benefits don't cover the cost of living. Heck, they just gave us the Health Care law!

The people in our government wouldn't know what it's like to go from making 60, 70, 80, 90K or whatever dollars/year to 24 or 25K because their job moved overseas. The wages for our Congressmen & women don't do anything but go up and their benefits and retirement accounts keep expanding. They obviously HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE.

Why should they care, it's not their job moving overseas. They don't have to go to work at Wal*Mart to make ends meet.

Keep voting for Government who continue to put Americans out of Work in favor of free trade! This free Trade thing is costing Americans BIG!

Just my 1/2 a cent worth

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Just check the packaging!! If it says "made in china, mexico, etc." PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF. We will not buy any types of food products that are made in China. Larry Evans

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Bought Johnson and Johnson dental floss yesterday, Made in China!

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Been using Colgate Toothpaste for close to 35 years and finally noticed it was made in Mexico . Called the 800 number and she said yes but with very strict health codes . She also said it is made in Tennessee too but in all the stores I went to , only made in Mexico products were sold . They gave me a bunch of coupons to appease me which I used half and misplaced the rest . Check all your products on your shelf and you will be surprised where they all are made , not only Mexico . As stated before , check what your buying at the store first before purchasing . Won`t be too long before all the products will come from over the borders and seas . Made in Canada is OK with me as they are our closest allies. Work ethics are fine also. All the rest I will put back on the shelf if possible .

7. tj303

tj303 Member

Nearly all candy production has moved out of this country. The largest common ingredient is sugar. Since we feel obligated to hide our welfare payments to domestic sugarcane, sugar beet, and fructose(corn sugar)producers through import restrictions the price of sugar in this country is artificially high.

"1. Employment in sugar containing products (SCPs) industries decreased by more
    than 10,000 jobs between 1997 and 2002 according to the Bureau of Labor
    Statistics.
    2. For each one sugar growing and harvesting job saved through high U.S. sugar
    prices, nearly three confectionery manufacturing jobs are lost.
    3. For the confectionery industry in particular, evidence suggests that sugar costs
    are a major factor in relocation decisions because high U.S. sugar prices
    represent a larger share of total production costs than labor. In 2004, the price
    of U.S refined sugar was 23.5 cents per pound compared to the world price at
    10.9 cents.
    4. Many U.S. SCP manufacturers have closed or relocated to Canada where sugar
    prices are less than half of U.S. prices and to Mexico where sugar prices are
    about two-thirds of U.S. prices. "
    For complete report...http://www.trade.gov/media/publications/pdf/sugar06.pdf

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Got to stop the Gov't handouts first then people will have to work and get off the entitlement programs. Then there may be a labor pool that will work for what they are worth.

Also, Hershey's move to Mexico is not current events, happened last year!!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.