1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heritage Gunsmiths

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-EIGHTY, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Does anyone have any experience with Ken Eyster at Heritage Gunsmiths for barrel work? Does he do essentially the same thing as Tom Wilkinson?

Thanks (as always) for the feedback.

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

He is one of the best.
    Don

3. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

K-EIGHTY,

I've known Jim for some time now and realize that the Eyster family holds a special pride in their craftmanship that is far above any of the others.

I'm sure that Tom and Terry are great guys and perform fantastic ATA quality work, but the Eysters make the whole gun shoot targets according to "your" shooting style.

I first had Jim "Eysterize" a top single barrel for my son to use for ATA. It is simply amazing at crushing targets and has very little felt recoil.

The second barrel I had Jim work on was for bunker trap and it far exceeds all expectations. Jim reduced felt recoil, removed muzzle jump, and enhanced the pattern to incredible specifications. It's a great barrel for ATA, but it's very precise.

And I've never heard anyone else say how either of the other two gentlemen balanced out the barrels to enhance the performance of the gun, but Jim added weight to the top single so both barrels feel the same...

And to round out my post Jim setup the stock the last time to ensure complete gun fit.

I am biased since Jim is a friend of mine, but I am amazed at the quality and workmanship every time I visit him. I wish I had the knowledge to share about his work on sporting clays guns, but Jim says that "it takes an intricate series of angles to create a great clays gun."

In a nutshell, Heritage Gunsmiths can do it all and then some...check out the website and give Jim a call.

TNCoach

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I know Jim is still in the business. I heard Tim is no longer there. Ken passed away a couple of years ago. Best to call.

5. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

6. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

I just got my K-80 back and briley tubes, which were "EYSTERIZED". I would do it again. They did an excellent job, and chokes are great. Their price is a little high, but expect that it would with all custom barrel experts. If you want to talk about the work, you can call me. 217-847-3837.

David McMillen

7. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

I have had the pleasure of meeting the Eysters several times at their shop as well as at the trap range in Centerburg and can say that besides being top flight gunsmiths, they are also top flight people. They give back many times over with their work with the youth.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
eysters shotguns ohio
heritage gunsmiths

ken eyster heritage gunsmiths